Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 16-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Scott

Default The Sales Yard - any way to improve searchability?

Hi Admin,

I often look through The Sales Yard and am often frustrated with the inability to search effectively. Given that (VIC) etc is in the title of every thread, is it possible to allow the state to be searched?

Other obvious niggles are that model codes are too short to be searched.

If it can't be adjusted, is there a smarter way I could be using search to get the results I'm after?

Thanks, Scott

Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It is a lot of extra coding to allow a search by State but the model codes are all in the allowed search terms (I just tried done for BA) and thus you can shorten them by that and we even have some of the derivatives in the search terms like GS, GT.

I'll see what is involved in coding a search box for that area only but I'm not quite sure how it would be integrated.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Scott

Thanks Russ, for some reason I kept getting things like BA excluded from my search but just tried it again and all is sweet. I don't understand how things happen but couldn't we just add (VIC) to the search terms?

Thanks again.
Old 18-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

All the States have been added without the need for the brackets.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 20-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Scott

Thanks Russ - great feature . I've tried it this morning but only get one or two results when I search VIC or QLD regardless of whether I search Title Only or Entire Threads - the results are typically very new threads or posts.

Am I right in assuming only new threads posted after you added the new search criteria will be found by it?
Old 20-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Until I do my next reindex I suspect you are right as the search tool is not full text but actually searches the index it maintains.

I will try and schedule one for the weekend.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae