Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
south21

Default Fiesta cl speakers

Hi all, new to the forum so be gentle I purchased a 2009 cl fiesta 3 door and it comes with 4 speakers 2 at the bottom of the front door and 2 tweeters next to the door opening lever it has the speaker grill in the rear kick panels but no speakers but the stereo system has a fader adjust to the rear no sound. What I want to know is do you think the wiring for the rear speakers would be there so I pop 2 speakers in and have a 6 speaker system.
thanks in advance for any replies

south21

south21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had a quick look on Ford website, I can't believe the CL model only has the 4 speakers and the LX and Zetec have all 6 .. what a bunch of cheapskates Ford are for doing this!

I can only presume the wiring is their for the extra speakers, no doubt it would probably cost an arm and a leg to get the extra ones from Ford parts!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Just had a quick look on Ford website, I can't believe the CL model only has the 4 speakers and the LX and Zetec have all 6 .. what a bunch of cheapskates Ford are for doing this!
Pretty standard for all entry level models at this end of the market ....

Given how much more the WS Fiesta delivers versus earlier models, seems to make sense.

Who cares about cheap 2 OEM speakers when it costs little to add them yourself and mush better quality.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
enigma
Starter Motor

Smile

I have a CL 3 door, and have added the rear speakers. Took about 30 minutes. The thing is that you can't just get any speakers, you need to have a special frame that comes with some of the more expensive speakers, or if you can make the adapter yourself, good one.

The wiring is already there, you only need to get the connectors from Jaycar Electronics www.jaycar.com.au

If you need any help in how to get the panels off, get in contact with me.
enigma is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
south21

Thanks for the heads up, will be in touch soon re panels
Old 09-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Nice. Some healthy little 2 ways would go off.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #7
wsfiesta
Starter Motor

2 more speakers would sound great, condsidering how well it sounds stock.
wsfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

My first car was a 1998 Festiva Trio with only 2 front speakers, but wiring for rears soon saw me install a couple of 6 inch 2-ways. Much better.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
enigma
Starter Motor

Sorry, should have put the info on the forum, still will for others but...

I got them from AutoBarn.

Their code is ME07132 SRQ1630R

They are 6" 3 way 280W, and fit perfectly.

The only way I have found to remove the panels is to firstly remove the rubber around the rear part of the doors. Then carefully pull from the side to LOOSEN the grip.

Once you have done this, you have to put the rear seats in the down position so that you can pull the panel from the top. I spoke to my local Ford dealer, and they said that the only way to completely remove the panel was to remove the rear seat (lot of work when you don't really need to).

Use a short philips head to attach the bracket first, then put the speakers into the bracket and fasten.

You will find the speaker wires right down the bottom, sometimes wrapped in tape, but you will find them. Hook em up, and give it a test, then just click the panel back into place, and replace the rubber.

Hope you find this useful, and later on I will put instructions on how to completely remove the panels, just in case you want to put a Sub in either/both sides...
enigma is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
south21

bump to top
Old 21-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
Liri

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma
I have a CL 3 door, and have added the rear speakers. Took about 30 minutes. The thing is that you can't just get any speakers, you need to have a special frame that comes with some of the more expensive speakers, or if you can make the adapter yourself, good one.

The wiring is already there, you only need to get the connectors from Jaycar Electronics www.jaycar.com.au

If you need any help in how to get the panels off, get in contact with me.
What type of connectors are they?
Liri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
south21

The ones on the car are approx 10 pin type with only 2 pins being used I just cut them off and crimped some push on connectors on, the trick is working out which is positive and negative as we do not have any wiring schematics for the car yet. I went to jaycar and they could not help me, so I improvised.
Old 21-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #13
Liri

Thanks South, sounds like a plan for the week off work. I've got the 5 door and you need one of those pain in the butt star looking alum keys to get the door skin off, any idea where I can pick one up guys?
Liri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #14
Fi.ES.TA

Most auto spares stores sell them,buy the set very handy to have in the tool box :eclipsee_
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
south21

[QUOTE=Liri]Thanks South, sounds like a plan for the week off work. I've got the 5 door and you need one of those pain in the butt star looking alum keys to get the door skin off, any idea where I can pick one up guys?[/QUOTE

They are called torx bolts and you can get a set of torx sockets from bunnings for around $30 as most of the bolts on the fiesta are torx the set will come in handy.
Old 23-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
LRXR8
BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma

I got them from AutoBarn.

Their code is ME07132 SRQ1630R

They are 6" 3 way 280W, and fit perfectly.
Thanks for the advice enigma. I just put some in my 3dr CL today. For anyone else who is interested they are Clarion and they really do fit well with the mounting brackets that are included. Ryda has the best price I could find - $104 - your local car audio dealer should match them.

I found it easier to fit the speakers to the bracket first, then fit them to the car. The clips with the screw holes (sorry if there is a tech word for them) fit best in the cut outs around the speaker hole - this will make sense to anyone who fits them. I found the speaker wires wrapped in felt type tape and they were stuck to the inside of the speaker hole.

The only further advice I can give is re +ve and -ve wires. I pulled this from modifiedlife.com It is the wiring diagram for a 2009 Focus but the colours match up - rears at least. Hope this helps someone

2009 Ford Focus Car Radio Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: White/Red
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Gray/Orange & Violet/Orange (This vehicle uses the can data network for accessory turn on.)
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Blue
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray/Orange & Violet/Orange (This vehicle uses the can data network for illumination and dimmer controls.)
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Black
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Violet/Red
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Brown
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Orange
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue
LRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #17
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

How do they sound in the CL? Much improvement?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #18
LRXR8
BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
How do they sound in the CL? Much improvement?
They are low on bass but give a much fuller sound around you in the car
Old 27-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #19
Masquerade
03 LR Focus / 90 KF TX3 T

Quote:
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Violet/Red
So based on this, can you actually hook up an amp to these HUs? Do they have any RCAs or would it have to be high level inputs only?

Also I noticed that the LX and Zetec have the same stereo, but the Zetec has USB as well. Is this just a missing cable and connector, or are they still different HUs and it's just that the specs similar?

-Dave-
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #20
LRXR8
BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade
So based on this, can you actually hook up an amp to these HUs? Do they have any RCAs or would it have to be high level inputs only?

Also I noticed that the LX and Zetec have the same stereo, but the Zetec has USB as well. Is this just a missing cable and connector, or are they still different HUs and it's just that the specs similar?

-Dave-
Dave, the short answer is I don't know. Didnt go near the Head Unit. I was only looking for the rear speaker wires. Sorry mate.

BUMP FOR TRENTO
Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #21
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you guys didnt happen to take any snaps of the job as you did it by any chance?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #22
trento
Audiophile

Just got given a set of JVC 6.5 inch 4 ways and a 10 inch sub with enclosure!!! It's going to take me a few weeks to get the dollars for the amps but when I do I'll be sure to post a full install thread

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post