Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #31
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

i cannot believe that for some, the idea of blaming others is the solution to every problem. at the end of the day, the moron who was driving like a lunatic is the one who caused the problem & as a direct result of HIS actions, 3 innocent lives have been lost. He is a mass murderer, he may not have used a gun or knife, but he used his car as a weapon travelling at a crazy speed & as a result 3 people are dead. 99% of people in the world see red & blue lights in the mirrors & STOP......the other 1% are people who do not care about anyone else. I'm sure that as time goes on you'll see that the driver has more history than just driving offences. as for the girlfriends mother, i'm betting their family is not exactly on "the right side of the law either".
Old 22-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #32
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289
I dont blame the cops for the deaths but how come every time theres a crash during a chase they ALWAYS say "the chase was called off moments before the crash" Thats a Lie.

?

I agree, Its not the police fault but why lie? Every single time they say the same..Why Lie about it? To me lying is a forming of corruption
Old 22-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #33
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
I agree, Its not the police fault but why lie? Every single time they say the same..Why Lie about it? To me lying is a forming of corruption
I'd love to know how you know that it's a lie.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 22-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #34
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000
i cannot believe that for some, the idea of blaming others is the solution to every problem. at the end of the day, the moron who was driving like a lunatic is the one who caused the problem & as a direct result of HIS actions, 3 innocent lives have been lost. He is a mass murderer, he may not have used a gun or knife, but he used his car as a weapon travelling at a crazy speed & as a result 3 people are dead. 99% of people in the world see red & blue lights in the mirrors & STOP......the other 1% are people who do not care about anyone else. I'm sure that as time goes on you'll see that the driver has more history than just driving offences. as for the girlfriends mother, i'm betting their family is not exactly on "the right side of the law either".

Sorry, can you please quote your source as to the character of the girlfriends family as i have not read anywhere about this, facts only please....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 22-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #35
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000

Ok...So because the deceased family are "dead right" and the police are in the right because they couldnt let it go even though they saw he was flying through red lights without stopping...We blame the lunatic who was in the wrong but couldnt have cared if he killed himself, others or did life in jail...How will that be pro-active in stopping the next lunatic with the same thoughts/frame of mind/disregard for the law?????....And it will happen (in 1 year or 10 it will happen again)
Old 22-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #36
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
I'd love to know how you know that it's a lie.

And thats why they continue to do it....Every single time without fail, no Times, no details just that it was called off "Moments" before, You are probly a bit more naive than me
Old 22-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #37
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
And thats why they continue to do it....Every single time without fail, no Times, no details just that it was called off "Moments" before, You are probly a bit more naive than me
No, I'm not.

I'm just not one of those people who let fly without knowing any of the details.
Old 22-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #38
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To the orginator of this post; ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Even your headline "Police Chase, family dead" is disgusting im sorry to say.
Its a tragic loss of life, but in no way should YOU be blaming the police for this.
This is what the Police are supposed to do.... CHASE THE BAD GUYS.

Our society if ************ as it is, where the crooks get away with everything because the courts DO NOTHING and just hand out slaps on the wrists.

Now YOU want the Police to DO NOTHING as well??

At what point in our ever crumbling society do we say enough is enough?
Lets just blame the cops, its their fault for doing their jobs!
Lets not blame the suicidal moron who ACTUALLY killed that poor family.

My heart felt condolences go out to the family.

The news footage of the crash site should remind everyone out there how quickly things can turn into a tragedy.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 22-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #39
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

As others have said, a senseless tragedy.

Thankfully, i have never lost a loved one in this manner but I can, to some extent, understand the position of the family.

I (and a lot of other people) don't blame the police, but this family is under severe emotional stress.....

They have experienced a tremendous loss and need someone to blame. For them, the other driver is dead, the only other available target is the police so they focus their hurt and anger on them. An understandable reaction given the nature of their loss.

But what gets up my nose is every other hanger on who isn't related who takes the opportunity to use this for his/her own agenda. On the news last night they had a spokesman for the Council of Civil Liberties condemming the actions of the police. Help the family, or gain political mileage and improve the profile?? I know what my money's on. Probably the same crowd who made some noise to keep the other driver out on bail from the last time :

And to the relation (brother?) of the family killed, who was on nine news and made the effort in his time of grief to offer his condolances to the family of the other driver; respect. There are a few in this thread that could learn from him.

Strangers have the best candy.......
Old 22-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #40
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not blaming the police at all as per my previous post but moving ahead in the future:

Why dosn't each capital city have a fully fuelled chopper on stand by 24/7 with night/thermal vision (ala the USA) and when someone fails to stop to red/blues the patrol car simply radios to the chopper which goes up, follows the car and radio's where it stops so an arrest can be made.

Sounds expensive but all these US states can seem to manage it.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 22-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #41
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:

The crash is subject to an internal investigation and they wont tell you, me or the media what happened until after the inquest. A lot of pursuits are terminated before cars crash. Pursuits can be intiated further up the road by another car. In any case, I think it is naive to pretend to know what happened because it happened at last weeks cop chase.
Old 22-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #42
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

The police themselves will be looking very hard at themselves, if anything could have been done differently..
Keep in mind the officers would be devastated as well..
In saying its there fault is wrong..
They are trying to do there job...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 22-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #43
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one thing about humans they are unpredictable, and no one can read minds, i would`nt like to be a cop makeing these types of decisions and risking their lives for a quite often ungratefull public, i hope they are well paid ,they shouldbe if they`re not, as for the courts if they put all the wrong doers in gaol we`d have half the population behind bars.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #44
Xr8-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
That may sound harsh but when you present your opinions as fact then this is what you open yourself up to.

This is a terrible tragedy that shouldn't have happened, why this little brat wasn't already in prison for his previous is beyond me but nothing now can change what has happened.
Don't really care what anyone thinks of my opinion being fact or not. Never said this guy wasn't at fault. But, if the police ended the chase much earlier, this family would most likely still be alive. When innocent deaths occur and police are involved, there has to be some blame on their part, they were chasing this guy in the first place.

Last edited by Xr8-290; 22-03-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #45
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xr8-290
Don't really care what anyone thinks of my opinion being fact or not. Never said this guy wasn't at fault. But, if the police ended the chase much earlier, this family would most likely still be alive.
and you would know that would you?
didn't realise we had the almighty as a member of this forum.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #46
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Happening all too often now.

The stolen car driver got what was coming.

All you can do is hope that someone close to you doesn't end up injured or killed because of some pond scums bad decision.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #47
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

Condolences to the family, so sad

TS50 Build
Old 22-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #48
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Very very sad for the families involved such waste...condolense's and include the police force members,the scenes they must have to face would be as gut wretching as losing your own.

The current system has failed again and people looking to blame/point the finger who's fault ?!
Bahhumbug the Police....without bringing this into a political argument just proves once again the "do gooders" "tree huggers" etcetc who gain your vote, surely you must start to think far more carefully who you ask to represent you in the bigger picture.
Federally you are all learning this very fast !
The Law has to wake up and apply harsher laws for crim's, R E H A B my A r s E < this can only happen if you send letters to your local members......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 22-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #49
Xr8-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
and you would know that would you?
didn't realise we had the almighty as a member of this forum.

Common sense will tell you this (I said Most Likely), he obviously went faster when police started chasing him, if he wasn't chased, he would not have arrived at the intersection to run into this family. You know, faster speed means you get from A to B quicker.

But's since it's seems ok for police to chase people in cars at high speeds and cause them to have accidents leading to innocent deaths, i'll leave it at that. Obviously police are never wrong when it comes to this. Three innocent deaths to one criminal death, not a good ratio.

Last edited by Xr8-290; 22-03-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #50
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Don't really care what anyone thinks of my opinion being fact or not. Never said this guy wasn't at fault. But, if the police ended the chase much earlier, this family would most likely still be alive. When innocent deaths occur and police are involved, there has to be some blame on their part, they were chasing this guy in the first place.
You really seem to have no clue and appear to just be using this tragic incident to push your own wheelbarrow.

Grow up, they were doing their job. You DO NOT know the facts behind this, nor do you know the details. For you to make comments as you have is quite ridiculous.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #51
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Don't care what anyone thinks of my opinion being fact or not. Never said this guy wasn't at fault. But, if the police ended the chase much earlier, this family would most likely still be alive. I don't care about this guy or the police in this matter, only the family they helped to destroy. I blame them both, not just the police. :
Ah yes; those wonderful words - 'Most likey'.
If he had of stopped when required, we would have 'most likely' got another slap on the hand........

Some of the comments in this thread show that some poeple are in need of a real reality check. I'd be interested to see the comments from these same people if the crash had occured and it was announced that the police had decided not to give chase.

As for the comments about police lying about the chase being called off - grow a brain! As soon as a chase starts, everything is recorded, the cars are fitted with speed tracking GPS, the on-board systems record details like if the lights and sirens were on - not to mention their voices are recorded by VKI.

I feel nothing but hurt and pain for the family that was lost; having a 6 month old, I found myself for the first time, really paniced and
overcome with thoughts of 'what if it was us?'
I feel it is time police were given to powers to end these 'chases' quickly - shoot out tyres - or something.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 22-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #52
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:

Common sense will tell you this (I said Most Likely), he obviously went faster when police started chasing him, if he wasn't chased, he would not have arrived at the intersection to run into this family. You know, faster speed means you get from A to B quicker.

But's since it's seems ok for police to chase people in cars at high speeds and cause them to have accidents leading to innocent deaths, i'll leave it at that. Obviously police are never wrong when it comes to this. Three innocent deaths to one criminal death, not a good ratio.
and if the police gave up on the chase!!

you assume he will drive sensible??

you are drawing a very long gray bow..
Old 22-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #53
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After hearing the new laws just 2 weeks ago that if you are in a police chase, you go directly to jail, I knew this would happen.

Stupid laws.

And worse they recently changed it in NSW that even if you dont know you are being chased that is still a chase and you still go to jail!! Why would you stop>? THats what lots of people would be thinking if they get into that situation.

They keep upping the stakes and so sadly so will the "law"breaker.

I blame the govt and police more than the driver.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #54
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He would have no way done what he did if there werent police up his clacker. Absolutely NO WAY!
Old 22-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #55
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:

People thinking like you are the same as those who pay ransom demands. Save one now, lose more later. It is so sad when innocents are lost, but people like you encourage these criminals to put their foot down. If they knew they would be chased to the end of the earth, they would likely pull straight over.

But due to short sighted beliefs, they all think that the police will stop just by running reds and hitting 200.

Old 22-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #56
3vXT

Quote:

Nope, if the cops had backed off he would have missed that family and hit another at a different intersection on a different night in a different stolen car. I don't always buy the 'police terminated the chase moments before the accident' line but your argument is just moronic and disrespectful. If you were a dinosaur you'd be a stupidsaurus rex.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #57
Flaming Mo

Quote:
As tragic as this incident was, it must be said that in a not so perfect world, police pursuits are largely a necessary evil. The alternative is to have criminals to go about largely unchallenged and idiotic fools in motor cars to do as they pleased on our streets, with little consequence.

I know which world I would rather live in. And I’m confident your alternative would net a much higher body count.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #58
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
After hearing the new laws just 2 weeks ago that if you are in a police chase, you go directly to jail, I knew this would happen.

Stupid laws.

And worse they recently changed it in NSW that even if you dont know you are being chased that is still a chase and you still go to jail!! Why would you stop>? THats what lots of people would be thinking if they get into that situation.

They keep upping the stakes and so sadly so will the "law"breaker.

I blame the govt and police more than the driver.
Find the nearest mirror - and take a hard long look at yourself!

Why not ask the question - why would someone need to be chased in the first place?
If you are not breaking the law, you don't need to worry about jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
He would have no way done what he did if there werent police up his clacker. Absolutely NO WAY!
You know this for a fact?
Did the police make him steal the car too?
HE BROKE THE LAW, I do not see his death as anything other than Darwins law at work, unfortunately, this monkey didn't go alone.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 22-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #59
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

Common sense tells me you shouldnt point fingers and state "Facts' unless you know .... you do not. The above statement and OP is so wrong in so many ways I do not know where to start .... "most likely" .... "obviously". It is a damn tragedy and fingers SHOULD NOT be pointed at anyone until the absolute FACTS are determined .... and you DO NOT know these.

My absolute condolences to ALL the families that will be effected ... and that is also directed at the police, the driver, the passenger, the family and everyone else who will be involved sorting out the mess.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 22-03-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Closed Thread