Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Not so Merry Christmas

This poor guy just doing his job and gets a flogging like this from a pack of wild animals.

A great way to spend Christmas for him and his family. Imagine how his little girls feel seeing him like this.

Wyndham is way up north of WA and these people need to get over their family feuds, I don't think they can even remember what started them off 30 years ago.

These are the same people that coppers rescue from floods in cyclone season and dress up as Santa to give their kids presents so they don't miss out

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...hit-with-rock/

Last edited by jaydee; 26-12-2009 at 12:53 AM.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is always sad to hear of stories like this? Unfortunately it is a sign of the times, And I take my hat off to all the officers, hospital staff etc. that dedicate their lives to the job and have to put up with like this! Drugs and alcohol abuse has alot to answer for! I wonder what sort of people what do such a thing? I know, just not allowed to say it!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Should gassed the buggers and let them sleep it off..
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Should've shot the buggers and let them bleed it off..
That's more like it. I hate stories like these, gets me angry.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have worked in many of these 'remote' location's and have seen first hand what these police deal with.. The availability of GROG has alot to do with this sort of behaviour.. Unfortunately standing back and doing nothing is not an option as these group's will simply belt each other to death.. Some would say this would be a good thing, then perpetuate's the payback mentality blaa blaa.. You are not dealing with normal people here.. :
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
Corzza

This is really sad news!!

Blady anti social behaviour in that area is getting worse

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
I have worked in many of these 'remote' location's and have seen first hand what these police deal with.. The availability of GROG has alot to do with this sort of behaviour.. Unfortunately standing back and doing nothing is not an option as these group's will simply belt each other to death.. Some would say this would be a good thing, then perpetuate's the payback mentality blaa blaa.. You are not dealing with normal people here.. :

Thats the option I would take let a few of them kill each other
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I guess this is the same kind of mentality as the parents in the other thread who abused the judge when he gave their kids some jail time for a string of violent offences.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I used to live in Wyndham as a kid. Simply tragic to hear this

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #10
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I guess this is the same kind of mentality as the parents in the other thread who abused the judge when he gave their kids some jail time for a string of violent offences.

GK
I'll just say they were the same TYPE of people......
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #11
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Should gassed the buggers and let them sleep it off..

Spray & Wipe.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should be in America..shoot first..then ask questions...
Old 27-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #13
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Just remove all media/cameras from the town for 48hrs, problem will be solved!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #14
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

omg that picture is horrendous what a poor bloke
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #15
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try all you want. No amount of pepper spray is gunna stop a rock to the face. Water cannons or rubber bullets most likely would have stopped this from happening and given this lad a christmas with his loved ones. Instead we arm our officers with pepper spray and tazers as well as tie them up with BS red tape because someone deems that criminals have rights. Far as I am concerned, a person gives up that right when they stop acting like a responsible member of the community. Police, whether you like them or not, like all of us, have a job to do. Most times it means dealing with dipsh!ts and no hopers who can't handle their grog (and they call themselves men).
We (Australians) as a society are getting worse ...... or is it just the media telling us more?

Last edited by J.C.; 28-12-2009 at 12:33 AM.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 04:39 AM   #16
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some good news, they locked up a 19 year old for it and bail refused, at least he misses New Years.
Old 28-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #17
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
Some good news, they locked up a 19 year old for it and bail refused, at least he misses New Years.
I would like to see some form of military schooling for these no hopers where they are placed in a controlled environment where they have to learn and earn respect. It is obvious that they have no respect for authority let alone their fellow man.
Either that or ship them off to Iraq and give them a choice. Fill sand bags or be one. Let them observe and be a part of how the other half live and let them see for themselves how good they have it back home.
Want to start a war? No problems. Here, we'll show you a war you animals. You may find your rock is of little use to you out here though.

Bloody loser!
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
xalent
Red Eye Racing

My brother in law is the Seargent at Wyndham. He spent Christmas with his family and the rest of us at Pt Lincoln in SA. A lot of that time was spent on the phone, trying to deal with this situation. The stories he tells of what goes on there would shock most people, these folk are known for storing up rocks in crates in their houses, just waiting for, or creating, situations like this to arise. They find bravery in the cover of a mob, trashing Police vehicles (constantly repaired using taxpayers money) and attacking from behind . To their credit, the other Police officers didn't take revenge on these indigenous folk, but rather went about their jobs professionally, although I am sure many would have been inclined to do the former. No doubt the punishment will not fit the crime, and unfortunately there is no easy solution to the troubles of these communities.
Certainly not a job I would be sticking my hand up for.
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #19
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Gough Whitlam should say "SORRY"

He's the one who ruined a vast majority of the good indigenous folk by handing out "sit down" money
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #20
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hope he makes a full recovery
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #21
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Try all you want. No amount of pepper spray is gunna stop a rock to the face. Water cannons or rubber bullets most likely would have stopped this from happening and given this lad a christmas with his loved ones. Instead we arm our officers with pepper spray and tazers as well as tie them up with BS red tape because someone deems that criminals have rights. Far as I am concerned, a person gives up that right when they stop acting like a responsible member of the community. Police, whether you like them or not, like all of us, have a job to do. Most times it means dealing with dipsh!ts and no hopers who can't handle their grog (and they call themselves men).
We (Australians) as a society are getting worse ...... or is it just the media telling us more?
If your ever in brisbane im buying you a beer. That is by far the best reply I have read in a long time. 100% agree.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #22
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

JC is an oracle of sorts.....his words are ignored at your own peril
Old 02-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #23
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Well said J.C and so very true, if these people cant respect the law they deserve to be punished.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #24
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Let China deal with them, if they 'invade'.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Though it's by far not a funny matter, I did almost laugh when I saw the street name. Kwinana is also the name of a once upon a time very rough dero suburb in the dirty south of Perth.

Holy shat though, that's effed up. And what the headline describes and what actually happened are on two different ends of the spectrum. He wasn't just 'hit'. That's really effed up.

It's a pity that police have a thick book to follow, even while others don't/won't.

Last edited by Kamshaaft; 02-01-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #26
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Im sorry but what were they expecting? 80 odd drunk feuding family members in a brawl and they send 5 policemen? This seems to be a recurring problem. Meekatharra, jigalong northern territory same again a feuding family war and yet again police officers get injured. Again over 40 people fighting and they send 4 or 5 policemen, the total force in some areas. Sorry but stand back let the fire die down abit then maybe go in or wait for back up from another community
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #27
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And yet another incident in a small country town in WA, luckily it was only themselves they hurt. From the Western Australian newspaper.

"Machetes and bricks have been used in a wild brawl in the Great Southern town of Gnowangerup.

Police and paramedics were called to a Gnowangerup house about 10am after reports a feud between two families spilled into violence.

While details remain sketchy, it is understood a number of people were injured in the melee when about 15 people, some brandishing weapons including machetes, became involved in an ugly brawl.

It comes just over a week after Sen. Const. David Rudd suffered serious facial injuries when he was struck by a rock during a riot in the Kimberley town of Wyndham on Christmas Day.

Sen. Const. Rudd required reconstructive surgery for his wounds from the drunken brawl involving up to 80 people, which was sparked when feuding families clashed."
Old 02-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #28
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is why on large public occasions I stay in the safety of my home, or somebody else's where I know there will be a controlled crowd...

It simply is not safe due to the drunken idiocy of a few...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post