Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Dustproof

Default Service Rant MKII

Hi all,

If you remember I had some issues with the service on my Focus TCDi, well the problems continue.

I took the Focus in for replacement of the Drive Shaft Bearing under warranty, they did this fine. At the same time I asked for my wheels to be rotated (Front to Back) as it wasn't done during the 30,000km service (As per my last post). The buggers charged my wife $33.00 for the privilige, as you can imagine I complained about this as it was supposed to have been done during the service, it was actually mentioned on the service report.

I have now been informed that tyre rotation is not part of a service, Bull S@#$ was my reply. Since when are the wheels not removed to check brakes and fittings and de-dusting if required. When I was a mechanic it definately was part of the service, the outcome is I am getting a refund after some harsh words exchanged.

I paid over $400 for the service, it supposedly had the Air-conditioning service and brake fluid flushed. It makes you wonder if anything actually gets done except an oil change. Tyres should be rotated to get the maximum life out of them, they are quick to tell you you need to replace them when actually there is plenty of life left in them.

How Stupid do the dealers think "WE" the motoring public are, a lot of the general public are ex mechanics that had the sense to move on to other careers. They get servicing done to keep their warranty up and book stamped - frankly it is not worth $400.00. Ford will only see my cars now if it needs warranty work done and that is all.

Rant over (Said as I climb down off my soap box) :

Old 27-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford dealers around the country will thank you.
Cheers
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
elgreko

I put a complaint in writing about my 15000km service at a ford dealer, could not justify $285 for an oil change, the service manager rang me and tried to justify all costs, what a load of crap!!!! told me that the TDCi uses special oil and the oil alone was $100. Ye right!!
elgreko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreko
I put a complaint in writing about my 15000km service at a ford dealer, could not justify $285 for an oil change, the service manager rang me and tried to justify all costs, what a load of crap!!!! told me that the TDCi uses special oil and the oil alone was $100. Ye right!!
$100.00............. what is in the oil.... gold???? Dielsel grade oils are not necessarily cheap but not THAT dear!

I just found a panel missing from under the glove box, it had to have been removed during the service a couple of weeks back. I tell ya this is just not good enough, I will go back to see them on Monday and stick it up them for leaving the panel out. It just goes to show that they are not doing their services properly.

BTW, you think car servicing is expensive, I was looking at getting another motorcycle. When we asked about servicing cost they said over $500.00, this is every 5000km's. They have to do a tappet adjustment on every service, guess who is not getting a new bike now; I will keep my old one.

:togo:
Old 29-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
819_FLY

Gotta love inflation, increase the cost, decrease the quality of the job.....

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
Dustproof

Default Again

Right back up on my soap box again. out:

OK now I have just noticed the kick panel under the glove box is missing, if I remember correctly this is where they plug into the diagnostic port. They left it off when servicing the car, my wife called them to tell them about it and they said "I don't know how that would have happened" yeah right we just ripped out a part of the car just to Pi$$ them off - as if : They were supposed to call my wife back today and they didn't, she will give them a blast tomorrow and see what they are going to do about it.

This clearly shows a lack of attention to detail during servicing my car, can you imagine if they are day dreaming whilst working on your brakes or something and forgot to put in the Pad locating pins in. "Gee sir I am sorry you smashed your car" yeah right.... not happy Jan :jab:
Old 01-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #7
YUSLOW
Why you slow?

Rotation and balance is not part of the Ford servicing schedule unless you have "original equipment directional sport tyres". Otherwise tyres are just checked at each service for wear or damage and their condiction reported to the customer if they require a rotation, fwa or replacement.
YUSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUSLOW
Rotation and balance is not part of the Ford servicing schedule unless you have "original equipment directional sport tyres". Otherwise tyres are just checked at each service for wear or damage and their condiction reported to the customer if they require a rotation, fwa or replacement.
Yes so I have found, do you know that Steel belt radial are directional? get them rotating in the wrong direction and watch them come apart. Apart from that why do they put it on the service report that the tyres have been rotated front to back? They didn't do the rest of the service properly so why should I be surprised.

I used to be a mechanic and this was never the case, to check the brakes we removed the wheels to make sure the pads were wearing evenly in each caliper. Whilst there we would check everything like ball joints, hoses and mounts, shocks and springs and all the bolts to make sure there was no loose ones. Then we just roll the wheels back to front and put them back on, job done.

OK so what does this mean I hear you say! it means corner cutting has run riot. Prices go up and service goes down, so what else don't they do these days? am I paying $400.00 for and oil change?

One dealer (A Toyota Dealer) actually puts the car through a non contact car wash, they give it a quick vacuum. When I pick up the car I feel I have good service, Ford need to learn by their competitors or they are going to loose out. Guess what, that Toyota dealer will service my both my Fords.

The things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm :eclipsee_
Old 05-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
NO2
Old Man

yeah when the front brakes needed changing on our 2004 focus the guy said that ford had never checked the rear brakes at all because the drums had never been off and were full of brake dust and needed machining.

Must admit though when I had a bearing replaced on my TDCI under warranty (right hand drive shaft) and I complained about the ends missing off the wheel nuts Byrne Ford replaced them and the other one broken by a wheel alignment (not Ford).
NO2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
819_FLY

After the comment about the tyres being directional I had a look at mine after I rotated them around and found that the tyres on mine are not directional (no arrow indication and the tyre tread is half one way half the other way. They are the economy tyres from factory, are they standard across the whole range or just on some models??

P.S. Got car booked in for 30k service on Tuesday so will see what occurs.

Check out 819FLY!!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #11
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819_FLY
After the comment about the tyres being directional I had a look at mine after I rotated them around and found that the tyres on mine are not directional (no arrow indication and the tyre tread is half one way half the other way. They are the economy tyres from factory, are they standard across the whole range or just on some models??

P.S. Got car booked in for 30k service on Tuesday so will see what occurs.
Check your service report and see what they say they have done, I hope yours is done correctly which might start to put credibility back in Ford service. For me it is all over for Ford I am afraid, I have 2 new fords which happens to be the first Fords I have bought new after being a dedicated Holden man - disappointed

NO2.... Funny you should mention the right side drive shaft bearing on the TCDi, mine was replaced recently, maybe there is a common thread there. Also I had 1 wheel nut missing on the day I picked up my TCDi new, it was also missing some other bits like the Cup holder divider and accessories I had paid for.

ing_sm
Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
819_FLY

Oh sorry, forgot to mention it isn't going to FORD ever..... I just go with Ultratune now for the logbook services... sorry to mislead anyone hahaha.

Check out 819FLY!!