Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 
Default XR5 Turbo tuneability?

Hi all,

excuse my ignorance.... I've done the search, and can't find information. I've probably just had a boys look though!

I am considering the XR5 for a second car.

Does it respond well to the usual mods - tune, exhaust, intercooler etc etc..

....and, is the Focus platform robust enough (driveline in particular) to cope with 25 or 30% percent more torque. Is 25 or 30 achievable without spending silly money?

Is the front wheel drive layout capable of putting more power down than the stock figure? I will do the occassional sprint with this car as well - if it's fun enough.. :evil3: I wouldn't bother dragging it though.

Thanks in advance, I know zip about these cars, other than they look pretty hot in dark grey or black. We hope to start tyre kicking in the next few weeks, and are looking to buy new, so anyone currently playing with theirs, I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

texas

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tex

cant answer your question, but if your not aware there is a XR5 site,perhaps you could try the XR5 Forums

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

All your answers are definitely at the XR5 forums.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come over to the XR5 forums Tex. Everything you want to know is there.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Thanks heaps guys, I'll be sure to stop into the XR5 forums and do some research.

cheers

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post