Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2009, 01:05 AM   #31
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76txcoupe
The death of her friend is probably punishment enough for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG
also living with the guilt of killing a friend will assure she never offends again
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOUR
I think this girl will be scarred enough after killing her friend to learn as much as she would with a 5+year sentence.
Why does nobody write this when other articles similar to this (driver killing their passengers) are posted on the forums?
Old 16-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #32
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'm not always online in time, or the thread gets closed, or I don't feel it will be noticed..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 16-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #33
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
How does it feel, guys, having a pencil-necked journalist manipulating you into a mad grunting frenzy? Why you'd let someone have that much power over you I'll never know.
Not surprising really. Look at TT and ACA and how they rate with the trash they dish up. Print media is not really that much better in a lot of cases. You are always being fed information through someone else's filter. A good journalist will try to be fair and balanced, not many are.

From the article we know these facts
- The girl was a learner with 24 hours experience.
- She was doing 90 in a 60 zone
- She had two friends with her, one of them died.

From this information we are going to question the judgement of a person who has been involved in the law their whole lives. One who has been chosen to perform the task because of their knowledge,experience and common sense.

I'm also pretty surprised by the "string em up" comments by some people. I've never driven unlicensed but have done some stupid things in my time. If those things went bad I could have been in a similar situation to this person. I'm just lucky, I guess
Old 16-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #34
Bluefreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123

From this information we are going to question the judgement of a person who has been involved in the law their whole lives. One who has been chosen to perform the task because of their knowledge,experience and common sense.
Surely you kid...??? When you see granny bashers, rapists and kiddy tamperers getting off light, how can you possibly keep a straight face typing that...???
Old 16-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #35
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefreak
Surely you kid...??? When you see granny bashers, rapists and kiddy tamperers getting off light, how can you possibly keep a straight face typing that...???
Got a source of data for that statement? What percentage of child rapists get off lightly?
Old 16-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #36
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
Why does nobody write this when other articles similar to this (driver killing their passengers) are posted on the forums?
my mind goes to friends who have been through this, ive lost a few classmates on the same stretch of road in my old home town.
Old 16-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Got a source of data for that statement? What percentage of child rapists get off lightly?
The amount they got away with in the 60s and 70s was amazing, christian brothers college anyone? Or a few priests here and there.
Old 16-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #38
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
The amount they got away with in the 60s and 70s was amazing, christian brothers college anyone? Or a few priests here and there.
You are talking about crimes from 40 to 50 years ago and the people were not caught or only recently caught. How does this support the position of being soft on crime now??? or even sentencing for that matter?
Old 16-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #39
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

This thread is going down hill now :
Old 16-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #40
Bluefreak

Quote:

22 months for sexually abusing his own 7yo niece - My uncle, 1 of many...

Last edited by Laminge; 17-11-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 17-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #41
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Probably not appropriate bluefreak, but we get your point..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Closed Thread