Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
ams77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default definition of Driver & competitor

Hi guys,
pardon my ignorance, but within many motorsport entry forms and in particular the liability disclaimer, they refer to "the Competitor" and "The Driver". Can someone tell me what's the difference?
Thanks

*** For Sale *** Red Flame Auto Allan Moffat Special #280
ams77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best place to find out is 'The CAMS manual'.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
ams77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks will try to chase that down
*** For Sale *** Red Flame Auto Allan Moffat Special #280
ams77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Driver and competitor? Driver is self explainatory the competitor would be co-driver in a rally, gymkharna or hill climb type of event. Some of the events I enter have entrant and driver the entrant is the owner or entity entering the vehicle and the driver is piloting the entered vehicle anyone else passengering in the vehicle to navigate or scream things like help me god or let me out is a competitor.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Competitor has replaced Entrant as a term, the competitor must own the vehicle (or be authorised by the owner to enter it). Eg I entered an event as a navigator, my mate owns the car so he is the competitor/entrant as well as the driver.

From the Cams manual (d/l it from the Cams website)

Competitor (previously referred to as “Entrant”)
A person or body who holds a competitor’s licence acceptable to CAMS and who has entered a competition.

Legal Owner
(i) Only the bona fide legal owner of an automobile shall be entitled to enter the automobile in any competition unless the Competitor at the time of entry produces the written consent of the bona fide legal owner to enter the automobile in the competition and who shall then for all purposes hold the status of the bona fide legal owner.
(ii) The competitor shall hold a valid competitor licence as described in “General Regulations of CAMS”.
(iii) In the case of the competitor being a company, it may by notice in writing authorise a person to enter the automobile in a competition on behalf of the company. In such case the company must be the holder of a competitor licence.
(iv) Any attempt to enter an automobile in any competition without a valid competitor licence shall be a breach of this NCR and the entry or attempted entry shall be void. In such case the entry fee shall be forfeited to the promoter of the competition.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post