Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbomber
was it the wellington bridge camera? alot of people are getting done at 108km/h
Was going to say that , they have been questioned on the news to no end , somthing like every 6th car gets booked for 108 on it or somthing . Aca had a big speil about cause some people have had 10 + fines from it in the time it takes the first to get sent in the mail . Of coarse the gov said there not faulty but there has been reports of technicians out there alot but the reackon there just testing them .
Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #32
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kircher
In this case, where you win on appeal, ie. the state is found to be wrong, can you then turn around and sue for loss of income from your wastage of time defending yourself, as well as for the cost of your legal fees? If someone did that successfully they'd become my new hero.
Id imagine its all at your own cost....

Old 01-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #33
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

every convicted criminal in jail is innocent, you just ask em.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #34
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
every convicted criminal in jail is innocent, you just ask em.
Which has plenty to do with being booked for 106 in a 100 zone, right? :

Murderers, rapists, toll evaders and people who do walking pace over the speed limit. Why not throw them all in the one basket? They are obviously all as bad as each other! :
Old 01-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #35
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
What about the 10% ADR on speedo tolerance?
i don't remember exactly when the rule changed but it was 5 - 10 yrs ago. manufacturers have 0 tolerance on a speedo reading slower than actual road speed and 10% on speedo reading higher than actual road speed.

speedo's are pretty accuate these days and when the car leaves the showroom it will never read less than actual road speed. tyre wear makes tyres smaller which means as they wear your speedo will read faster than your actual speed.

if you modify your car in any way, shape or form, the onus is on you to make sure it is still reading correctly.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #36
burnz
VFII SS UTE

http://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/publicati...nes.pdf?id=117

according to N.S.W. ombudsman, 10% sill effective. (i learned something new) page nine.

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/wps/wc...detected+speed

Last edited by burnz; 01-10-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #37
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
http://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/publicati...nes.pdf?id=117

according to N.S.W. ombudsman, 10% sill effective. (i learned something new) page nine.

yeah, its dated 2003. pretty sure there is now 0% above/10% below on all cars manufactured these days.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #38
T3man
Banned

First you must get the pic. This determines your next step. If your car is NOT the only one in the pic you simply elect for a court hearing and when your day comes you present the pic and ask the magistrate how the prosecutor can say without a doubt that it was YOU and not the other car or cars? Case dismissed. Too easy.

If yours is the only car ... then ...

If you haven't ever had a previous fine/conviction then write the letter. However you do NOT admit anything. State what you said here - "you are very careful NOT to speed". Add things like you are very aware of the camera because you travel the road every day blah blah. If they let you off have a beer and celebrate.

If they don't then you elect to have it heard in court.

If this is your first time in court get a lawyer. He will give you your options ie plead quilty and ask for reduced fine because of low income/financial hardship whatever may apply to you. If it is your first offence the magistrate has discretion to let you off completely or give you a suspended conviction - so no fine but it stays on your record. If you plead not guilty you need evidence - not just your word for it. Also if you plead not guilty and are found guilty then you will be less likely to get a lesser fine or a let-off.

The most important thing for every single person who ever gets an infringement is ALWAYS elect for a court hearing. If every person did this it would take less than a week for the court system to become completely clogged and the governments would have no option but to stop issuing infringements. Less than 2% of people elect to go to court - it currently takes a minimum of three months in NSW to get into a magistrate's court - imagine what the delay would be if 100% of people elected for a court hearing? Power to the people!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #39
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
yeah, its dated 2003. pretty sure there is now 0% above/10% below on all cars manufactured these days.
yep i pay a lot of attenion

any way vic gov recons 3%
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #40
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbomber
was it the wellington bridge camera? alot of people are getting done at 108km/h
Incidentally, I'm still convinced that the Wellington Road cameras are dodgy. I won't go under that road any higher than 90kph
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #41
kircher

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
The most important thing for every single person who ever gets an infringement is ALWAYS elect for a court hearing. If every person did this it would take less than a week for the court system to become completely clogged and the governments would have no option but to stop issuing infringements. Less than 2% of people elect to go to court - it currently takes a minimum of three months in NSW to get into a magistrate's court - imagine what the delay would be if 100% of people elected for a court hearing? Power to the people!
That's a good idea. If only it was possible to organise a protest of that magnitude. Use the system against the state. How ironic that would be.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #42
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kircher
That's a good idea. If only it was possible to organise a protest of that magnitude. Use the system against the state. How ironic that would be.
Everyone is too lazy here unfortunately...

I agree you should write a (handwritten) letter. My mum and also step dad have both got off fines doing this, providing you have a fairly clean driving record you should be able to have it waived.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #43
XR8GRL