Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #61
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark s
My rose coloured glassed have been always removed. If you knew me at all you would find I am a very critical eels and league fan and not totally biased. I have followed them for over 30 years and I know that not everything they do is perfect and right.

I was of the opinion that he would be charged and deserved to be because his knees did make contact with Goodwin. Seems many former players and experts in the game agree with my view and they tend to be critical of the NRL at times as well.

I said to my wife on Friday night on our way home from the game that Hayne will be charged with a grade 1 reckless charge and with his record will be allowed the play. I guess I was right in this place.
ahhh, and as 30 year supporter of the Eels, your view on what is right and fair regarding the Hayne situation is not clouded one bit then? You know as well as I do, that Rugby League is far too tribal for that to happen.

Quote:
I also feel that Hayne did make an effort to hit more with his hip, than with his knees. His knee did make contact and that is why he was charged.
of course you do. His knee not only came in contact with his head, but he could have dived for the ball instead of leading with his knees.

Quote:
My feeling on Bryce Gibbs and I assume you are a Tigers fan, due you what happened with Burt and your a little upset about that, and how Hayne got off. If Gibbs had of taken the guilty plea, he would have had 1 week on his Grade 2 charge in place of 3 weeks because he plead not guilty and went before the judiciary and copped the full penality

Again there have been several simular incidents this year where players have been charged with a grade 1 reckless charge, remember Brett Finch? And he did not accrue enough points due to an early plea and a clean record. So along with this incident and many others the league has been consistent in it's penalties with grade 1 charges.
Nup, have you paid any attention to my posts? You could not have read them that well if you think I am a tigers fan! I though the Tigers were a Sydney Team? Wanna check that out?

Quote:
I suggest if you’re that unhappy, that maybe you follow the AFL or the "A" league.

This was not just an isolated incident, it has happened many times and players have been charged with a reckless grade 1 charge.
Where do you get off telling me what to support? The NRL is in need of a desperate increase of viewers and supporters and there you are telling me to watch another code? good thinking. It's opinions like that
I understand it is not isolated that player get a grade 1 charge, my gripe is that if Hayne played for the Broncos, the Storm, the Cowboys, or the Titans, and it was a Sydney player, he would have recieved, rightly as he should have done today, a Grade 2 charge and suspension from the Grand Final.

Quote:
Maybe your hate of Hayne and the Eels for beating your side this year and maybe knocking them out has made you think that Hayne should get extra time on the sideline and not cop the same as many others this year.

Maybe your hatred is clouding your views.
I don't hate Hayne. I hate that he was charged insufficently for what he did. I am actually going for the team next week that knocked my team out. so you are wrong again.

maybe you think Hayne should play to give a Parra a better chance at winning the GF next week?

Quote:
Still it's all over, I agree that Hayne deserved a grade 1 charge and he was not let off scott free.
It is not over yet. The Hayne Train needs to get through the Storm yet.

Quote:
I have made my views known and I will not turn this thread into a childish slag off.

Again you do not know me or my views on the game. I am all for the game to grow and moving interstate.

Infact I have a huge soft spot for the Cowboys, I would also like a team or 3 dropped from Sydney and maybe a full time team on the central coast and maybe another try at a perth team (who did manage to provide it's very own first grade player)

Again you dont know me and only my views on Jarrad Hayne and his Grade 1 charge.

I will leave it at that.
I'm not turning it into a childish slag off. You responded to my post asking for a contact for the NRL with your opinion. When I debate that, and you have nothing more than what you think is right, you then say it's a childish slag off?
You don't know me either, and you felt free to make assumptions about me, so if that is the best you have, agreed lets leave it at that.

GO THE STORM!!!
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #62
Teflon Turbo
Banned

hayne is clear to play

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=868342
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #63
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

^ Thats old news heard that yesterday