Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Default Getting it wrong is really bad

Well this is going back about ten years when i was 22,i needed some petrol money so i grabbed a front wheel drive gearbox i had lying arond and headed to the scrap dealers.I pulled up,put the gearbox onto the scales and asked how much i would get to the guy running the place,he reckoned about 2$,but if it was clean i would get 15-20(wow what a differance that makes i thought),so i went back home which was only a couple of minutes away and sprayed on some degreaser and cleaned off all the gunk,took it back just before closing time and there was 5 of them standing around having an end of day beer.I pulled the gearbox out of the boot and said there you go is that clean enough to get the extra money,he ****ed himself laughing and went on to point out that in the scrappers talk to clean it he meant remove all the steel from the alloy.I felt like the biggest loser ever at that moment.Every time i see him around he asks if i've been polishing any gearboxes lately :lookedat:

Old 21-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Punch him in the face.!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 21-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
caputo23
05 BA MkII XR8

with 12 chunky rings on !!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...88#post4823988
Old 21-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

And tell him that you pitty the fool!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 21-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
Punch him in the face.!

I second that, punch him in the face. Ask him if that's funny too.

Quote: