Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #1
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

Default Interesting Evening

My mate owns a VN (waits to get flamed): and this evening when he opened the drivers door, got in and turned the ignition on, smoke started pouring out from under the dash. after a quick run to get the fire extinguisher (10 meters away). he got back to a completly ruined loom and a car that no longer goes. after putting out the fire, i did a bit of searching and discovered that an aftermarket alarm and central locking kit had been put in. (and subsiquently burnt out)

how many people here have had their pride and joy almost go up in flames and do you now own a fire extingusher in your car?

i know what im buying tomorrow to go in the EB.

-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it was fitted by a certified installer surely they would be responsible hey?
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

as far as i know it was fitted before he bought the car and it looks as if it has been there a while, but these things happen, he's getting an auto elect (mate from work) to look at it tomorrow and see what can be done, but as far as i can tell it's gunna be a new loom job
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Yep this happened to a old VC Commo i use to have years ago. Heater wiring decided to fry itself.. but its a VC lol

being a Vn its easy enough to change the loom over ;) and an extingusher is allways good to have there

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 12:49 AM   #5
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

That sux mate. Even if it was installed by a certified installer ,it may very well been tampered with in its life time.I once saw a nail in place of a fuse !!!Scary stuff.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 12:58 AM   #6
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Certified installer? what language is this?

99% if this stuff is installed by guys whose only qualification, is a tight t-shirt and relationship by marriage to the proprietor of the the Radio-Barn.

Makes it mighty hard for those why do perform quality work!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 07:35 AM   #7
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

I have a fire extinguisher in my rolla... not in the best position, needs to be replaced cos it's so old, more than likely it's empty, BUT I HAVE ONE ALL THE SAME.

Geez, that could've been nasty. He's lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post