What are you smoking Road Warrior it:
Bridgestones.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-E
My family loves our TTG and will upgrade to the "FG" TTG next year when ti is released.
I testdrove a 4.8is X5 the other day. For a $140k (2nd hand) car, it was not any better than a TTG with a FG update.
We have had bugger all problems, smoke most cars on the road and it is a safe family car.
So what if there is no oilier option, it is a minor issue that I doubt has affected sales much.
For anyone that knows anything about diesel, they are a big compromise in a family car.
They are dirty, slow and cost a lot more in maintenance. The only reason they are popular is due to Europe having less tax on the fuel.
If Ford were smart, they should work out a LPG only option for the Ford range as we have an endless supply of this fuel, where diesel needs to be mostly imported.

I for one think Ford is on the right track in Oz, I just wished the USA would wake up and fund the export of the FG and Territory for a worldwide market, as they are by far the best cars in their range.
I'd be suprised if the Territory Turbo was continued into the next model, they just don't sell enough of them anymore. They sold ok initially but have dropped to almost nothing.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #63
jonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I'd be suprised if the Territory Turbo was continued into the next model, they just don't sell enough of them anymore. They sold ok initially but have dropped to almost nothing.
Anything with a turbo in it at the moment isn't 'selling' because there is a shortage of parts for the turbo's... there are 4-nearly 5 months waiting lists happening now.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #64
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
Anything with a turbo in it at the moment isn't 'selling' because there is a shortage of parts for the turbo's... there are 4-nearly 5 months waiting lists happening now.
I mean before the SYII we made only a handful per month, and since the new model has been released we only make maybe 10 per week. Those numbers are very low. When the Turbo Territory was first released we probably made 50 a week. It has nothing to do with shortages for turbos, that only affects the smaller turbos fitted to the FG 270 engines. Its simply a case of like all Territorys, they are ageing and selling in smaller numbers, plus once the price of fuel went over 1 dollar per litre sales dropped off quite quickly. Not to mention there is now only one Territory Turbo model as the base model was dropped due to poor sales.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #65
Deano.72
Starter Motor

The current model territory front bar had two similar (rectangular) shaped holes or scoops directly under the fog lamp area for the diesel. These have since been scrapped around the time of update territory release. Unsure of where the diesel goes from here but the cut outs have definately gone
Deano.72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post