Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFRMONT
That's proably because they're buying G6's instead. I work for a large Federal Govt. department, and all the falcons in our fleet have been nearly all Futuras/G6's for some years now, even back in AU days. Though there are more Corollas & Camrys in the fleet now, with the odd Prius to make things 'look good'.
There are more because of governments trying to have a green image. The updated XT with 6 speed auto is meant to change that. Not sure if its the case, so we will see.
Old 29-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #32
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder what the split would be if the XT was an XT 2DiT standard, and the cheapest way to the I6 was the XR6 ?
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Split where they said 3% of production were XT's was wrong, what they meant by that was that 3% of XT's produced were going to private buyers, 50% of XR's to Private buyers and the 40% or whatever of G6's were to private buyers. The actual cars made split is not this but the numbers we see above which is pretty much a third third third.

In other words 97% of XT's made are to Govt and Fleet, 50% of XRs made are to G and F etc.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #34
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
The Split where they said 3% of production were XT's was wrong, what they meant by that was that 3% of XT's produced were going to private buyers, 50% of XR's to Private buyers and the 40% or whatever of G6's were to private buyers. The actual cars made split is not this but the numbers we see above which is pretty much a third third third.

In other words 97% of XT's made are to Govt and Fleet, 50% of XRs made are to G and F etc.
No. BossXR8 had the right figures in this link.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...9&page=4&pp=25

Post 85
Quote:
Up until the end of the 1st quarter this year, the total split for FG sales has been around 4.5% XT, 45% G series and around 50% XR. Since the fleets have got on board over the last month those figures will have probably gone more towards the XT but overall total FG sales would still be similar to the above numbers.

BFII sales were 52% XT, approx 20% Futura/Fairmont/Ghia and around 30% XR.

Official figures.
So, it has now moved to approximately 33% for each series (XT, XR & G). Which means that the O.P. Archilino was right (I was wrong, by a month!).

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #35
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilino
Hey mate, i just assumed by entry level they meant the xt, maybe its grouped with the G6?
No. Your figures were correct. Sorry! The figures I had in mind were for Q1 2009.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post