Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Default What's on July

G'Day All,

Thanks to everyone who came along to the AGM and voted in your committee for 2009.

We have a few events on this month.
__________________________________________________ ___
Sunday 19th July.
Dance like Gossy.
Come along for lessons with dance Professional Mary Cashman.Learn how to Waltz, Rumba, Fox Trot and do the Cha-Cha Make a fun afternoon of it.
WHEN: SUNDAY 19th JULY
WHERE: RITZ Ballroom 936 North Road ORMOND
Time: 2-4pm COST: $12 per session.
Contact Michelle events2@fpvxrclub.com
__________________________________________________ ___
Shannons Aussie Classic Car Show
The Shannons Classic Australian Car Show will again be held this year at Flemington Racecourse.There are trade displays, bands, kids entertainment, race cars, refreshments and trophies for outstanding vehicles.
When: Sunday 26th July
Where: Flemington Racecourse, Nursery Carpark
Cost: $12 (for two adults)
Meet: McDonalds on Racecourse rd
Time: 9am.
Contact Karyn events1@fpvxrclub.com

August is huge - V8's on the 1st weekend, the 6 hour relay on the 2nd weekend, DECA on the 4th weekend, Dinner the following Friday night with the HSV club ...........
Thanks to everyone who contacted me regarding the V8's. our list is full, with a few reserves.

Cheers,

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
Shannons Aussie Classic Car Show
The Shannons Classic Australian Car Show will again be held this year at Flemington Racecourse.There are trade displays, bands, kids entertainment, race cars, refreshments and trophies for outstanding vehicles.
Looking forward to this one as we have got about 25 cars going to this event. Unfortunately I will not be part of the club display this year but my presence there on the day will not be missed....... :hihi:
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
MOTIV8

Default Shannons Aussie Classic Car Show

What was forecasted to be a terrible day 12 degrees and rain couldnt be any further from that. Whilst it was a bit cool in the shade the sun stayed out for most of the day and none of that wet stuff..... :

Congratulations to the club for winning best Club Display with 19 & 1/2 cars and good to see a few of the older cars coming out to bask in the sun. Also well done to Mick.G who won an award for his car again - Best Modern Ford (or something like that but please dont quote me). Here are a couple of pics that I took of the day.

There will be some more photos up on the website in the next couple of days as GBG is currently in Brisvegas for a tradeshow.

Speaking of tradeshows, I also attended the day today but as a vendor in the "traders alley". Unfortunately my mates XBGT didnt get finished yesterday so this morning I was frantically moving cars around in the garage. The end result was that the XD came out for a bit of sun!! This is one of the piccies I took earlier in the day before the public were able to come in.

I certainly spent more time cleaning the truck than the car yesterday considering the weather that we have had this week and all the crap that builds up. Only if it stays like this after a day of rain........ :
Old 27-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Black TE50
Needs a new home.........

C'mon Sean, you only put the XD on the truck to save on the fuel bill of getting it there and back!
Wheels: 18" BA XR8
Suspension: Lowered King Springs & adjustable Konis
Engine: G&D CAI, Di Fillipo headers & J3 chip tune - 177rwkw
Black TE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
MOTIV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black TE50
C'mon Sean, you only put the XD on the truck to save on the fuel bill of getting it there and back!
May be your right - to tell the truth I didnt even hook up the battery, I pushed it out (as it was nosed in!!) of the garage rolled down the drive on to the road and backed the truck up then winched it on. Now for the best bit when I got home I dropped it off the back on the road, turned the truck around and then winched it on backwards, reversed up to the garage, jumped in the car then rolled off the truck and it had enough momentum to get to the back of the garage......... : : :
Old 28-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
MOTIV8

Thanks to GBG photos have now been loaded on to the website