Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

Default Police to twitter drunks

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-lif...0723-du6z.html

What's your views on this?

I personally reckon it'll entice the 'hero' drivers to do it to get known with the whole "look at me, I made it up there!".

Old 23-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have thought their would be privacy issues with this sort of thing?
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

Yeah it will bring out the hero's, I thought this when I heard the news.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

I think they have got the hang of what is needed, except it needs to be constant across the state.

Quote:
"We are going to put an enormous amount of resources in these high-risk areas over the upcoming months, Mr Lay said.

"We will have up to 30 police vehicles in the local government areas, together with four booze buses, and we'll be addressing issues such as speed, alcohol and hoon driving."

He said it was believed the saturation of police resources would curb bad behaviour on the roads and bring offenders to court.
If anyone in the Ballarat, VIC area goes out of a Friday/Saturday night you'd notice thier used be huge car gatherings, and whilst you had some idiots (myself included in their, lesson learnt), alot would just be in the local carpark chatting, socialzing and hardly any drink drivers.

However the police decided to destroy a good thing totally and now hardly anyone goes driving, yet, we see more binge drinking, violence on the streets. I am all for increased presence and maybe this Twitter thing will work out, but they have to stop painting everyone with the same brush. Not every young person is out to rip a few black marks when crusing, their is a social aspect, much like a formal club.

How awesome would it be to see a police stopping by local gatherings having a chat WITHOUT having to issue a defect or act as we are all their to destroy the place. Obvisouly if there is a car that has bald tyres, no headlights then they deserve the defects, but usually come down, and pick on every single thing, which obvisouly isn't going to encourage young people to do the right thing.

Maybe they could use twitter for bit of actual 'talking' as well, not just another smear campaign. Although, police I think are moving in the right direction.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post