Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-06-2009, 01:51 AM   #361
Loosecannon

The show is better without that clown they got rid of

Good to see the phase 3, a bit of a watered down, non enthusiast report on it, so the average joe can understand
Loosecannon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 02:14 AM   #362
fordboy1981

I saw Pizzati today at Racer's Edge in st.kilda, I was very tempted to tell him what a douch he is... but after tonight he actually becoming tolerable!
fordboy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 02:30 AM   #363
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Tuned in tonight purely for the Phase 3 segment

the rest of the show I found myself cringing non stop at all three presenters. Clearly my tolerance levels have waned over the years. Will hate to see myself in my 40s!

I wont be tuning in again unless there is a "special interest" feature.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #364
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that was the best one so far

how was the cortina add that they showed i loved the comment

"Coorrr Tina "

and seing the ho go around the track was brilliant

well done TGA

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #365
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503

the rest of the show I found myself cringing non stop at all three presenters.
I know what you mean. They seem so uncomfortable presenting, and that makes me uncomfortable. I want to watch it, but I cant

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #366
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
I know what you mean. They seem so uncomfortable presenting, and that makes me uncomfortable. I want to watch it, but I cant
very painful to watch indeed.
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #367
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Unhappy

Quote:

I agree totally... had to force myself just to see the Phase Three.
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #368
fordboy1981

Also, it seemed odd that they would use a genuine HO, when they could have used an exact copy that they actually could have thrashed to get a decent time!
Old 30-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #369
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordboy1981
Also, it seemed odd that they would use a genuine HO, when they could have used an exact copy that they actually could have thrashed to get a decent time!
Well everyone would then winge about them using a fake. Doesnt really matter, the Phase 3 was never going to set a good time around that tight track. Its just cool to see a GTHO in all its glory, we know what they can do by seeing them around Bathurst.

Series was an improvement, Morrison still seemed to be a latecomer to the series. Still shades in comaprision to real top gear, but better than 80% of stuff on Australian TV.

Next series I think will be the make or break one, either they hit it big time or they go.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #370
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am slowly starting to like the younger presenters, but the other two me off still..

I did love watching the phase 3 get pushed hard though!!

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #371
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Enjoyed the HO segment........

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #372
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Am I the only one who thinks they need a new cameraman/cinematographer, especially for the track. Looking at the cars go around, it looks almost as though they are not moving at all. That and the turns don't look as though they are connected in anyway.

I did enjoy the HO segment though. It needed much more detail though. It was almost as though he quickly glazed over it.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #373
fordboy1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO
Am I the only one who thinks they need a new cameraman/cinematographer, especially for the track. Looking at the cars go around, it looks almost as though they are not moving at all. That and the turns don't look as though they are connected in anyway.

I did enjoy the HO segment though. It needed much more detail though. It was almost as though he quickly glazed over it.
yeah, I know what you mean, but I get that with TGUK as well, maybe it's my horrendous lack of direction...

is it confirmed that they're doing a 3rd series? the way they ended it last night seemed a bit "well we MIGHT see you soon"
Old 30-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #374
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

They should do a classic car night, GT350 , GT500 , GTS , Charger , etc.

And have a Classic car lap times board.
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #375
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That shouldn't be the last of TGA, next year they should do a challenge between TGUK & TGA.

The HO segment was alright I suppose, I would have thought they would comment the exhaust note which they didn't do.
But still, it's good to see a Ford being tested isn't it? because I've seen users on this forum that weren't impressed about so many GM vehicles being tested on season 2. So you wanted a Ford tested and you got it.

Last edited by TC200six; 30-06-2009 at 12:56 PM.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #376
YOOT
Banned

I love TGA, because its ours. but after watching Season 13 of TGUK and seeing a 1 mile drag race between a Veyron and a Maclaren F1 TGA seems so pale. We need more excitement!!
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #377
500SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO

Being a small track, the cars will never get to a good speed.... and those witches hats give it a home-made look. Maybe that's why the camera work looks appears inferior to TGUK. Otherwise, I think TGAU's camera work is generally very professional.

As they said, the HO was designed for high speed down Conrod Straight, not for snaking through witches hats fit for Subaru Imprezas.
500SEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #378
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Quote:

I know! Especially the rubbish 'small talk' between segments, like those ads they look at!

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #379
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
if it was mine, i'm not sure how pleased i'd be about it being constantly sideways either.

how's the 'thumbs up' he got from a holden driver on his way to bathurst. that sums up these cars. they are loved by all. i used to work with a one eyed holden bloke and even he loved the classic falcons.
this is the reason the 'HO' nameplate should be left alone.
Totally agree.

That segment was the best ive seen on TGA imo
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #380
satria
FOXWHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
if it was mine, i'm not sure how pleased i'd be about it being constantly sideways either.

how's the 'thumbs up' he got from a holden driver on his way to bathurst. that sums up these cars. they are loved by all. i used to work with a one eyed holden bloke and even he loved the classic falcons.
this is the reason the 'HO' nameplate should be left alone.
yep, i know the feeling from my xw, i never expected any attention on the roads (it's not what i bought it for) but i have to admit it is a nice feeling when another 'enthusiast' gives you the thumbs up. I've had guys in chargers, toranas, commodores all give me the big thumbs up when i've just been cruising my local streets. It's quite cool.

When i saw pizzati's shock at a holden driver giving him the thumbs up i was like 'i remember that feeling haha'

The reason i said 'enthusiasts' before is because i've had in commodores and the like hanging out of cars asking me to smoke it up and you just hope they fall out of their cars and hurt themselves :P
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #381
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Taped it, saw it and for the first time thought they did a fantastic job on it. The part where Steve stuck it on the top of the times was awesome as well. Good job TGA.

Quote: