Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
eXi7w0unD

Default trans or diff problem?

hey, so i go for a drive and when the car goes from 1st to 2nd its slams the gear in..? its like a clunk that u can feel but not really hear. and sometime it looses traction cus the wheels spin. its an auto.. this happens in drive or when i use gears. but only between 1st and 2nd.

i kinda tought my car to rev out at 5000plus so every gear change is smooth when i rev it that high before i change gear. but when i dont flog it the gears or diff clunks.. lol so hard to explain, any1 from brissy wanna come for a drive and ill show you lol.

Old 17-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

when was the last time your trans was serviced?? mine was comeong out of gear and then slaming back in doing all stupid things i got the trans serviced and it stoped all of that so if it hasent had one then its probly that go get it serviced
Old 17-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

definitely trans. get it serviced asap, hopefully it's just oil or a solenoid.
Old 17-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

If its only 1st and 2nd, its your S5 solenoid, get it replaced/cleaned and fixed and get your tranny serviced. Then get your S5 solenoid wound up a full turn so its like it all the time
Old 17-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
eXi7w0unD

kool beans, ill get it serviced. its done 120k and has never been touched. thanks guys, do you guys have a ruff estimate on how much the service will cost and should i take it to ford or a seperate transmission bussiness?
Old 17-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

depends where you go..
i got quoted $175 i think for a full system flush from Currumbin Transmission Centre, bloke there is really into his Fords too..everywhere else was close to the $200 mark and over.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
its done 120k and has never been touched
fail.

They talk about not doing full flushes these days because it mucks up something yada yada i don't remember.
$110 for filter and oil from pan changed is the usual. Budget for $300 for oil, filter, solenoid if needed and labour and your box will live to see another day.
Old 18-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if your up pine rivers way
goto south pine automatics at Brendale
they are in the phone book
guy really knows his stuff and is reasonably priced