Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #31
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr82nv
As it's already been mentioned I hope the money is well spent, unlike the relief fund they set up for the earthquake here in newcastle in 1989. There's still over $10 million in the bank that doesn't ever look like being spent on anything worthwhile and that happend 20 years ago. Government red tape sucks ****!!
or like the money that was siphoned off from the donations to support the victims of the bali bombing

i have donated and given blood today and where i work we are transporting donations of gear
and no mater how much they are getting still glad it wasnt me

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #32
qwiksix

This doesn't apply to all companies, but what pi$$es me off is companies that talk the talk about how much they are donating, when it's really what their employees or customers have donated. And then they run around saying "Here at Company XYZ, we have donated a squillion dollars!" as if they are the good samaritan.

I'm just giving to vinnies and the red cross....

qs
qwiksix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #33
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Lets just hope the Tradies don't increase their prices due to the huge demand in services required - supply and demand

Some insurers include catastrophe cover - (to include the increase in trades and services due to increase in demand and not enough supply after a catastrophe)

There was a thing on the news the other night about how there is a guy who has set up a website for people needing things done and need a tradie. And the point of this website is for tradies that will work for minimum and no wages for the work they do.
Very kind of them and it's a good way of giving to the affected areas.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #34
LTDHO
The one and only

Thread topic is What Was Fords Donation to Appeal ?
I doubt they will contribe anywhere as much as GMH who is in a worse fnancial position. That is because FoMoCo is lame!

Reguarding the hand outs to the bushfire victims, they should all receive the same, regardless on whether they are insured or not. I am unsure as to why people are in the camps/relief centres when insurance covers tempory accommodation (in some cases up to 12 months).

I know with VSS this weekend we are doing a fun raiser to support those who have lost. I hope the people effected by this get on their feet sooner rather than later. It's sad to see and know. A massive loss.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #35
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I doubt they will contribe anywhere as much as GMH who is in a worse fnancial position. That is because FoMoCo is lame!

Reguarding the hand outs to the bushfire victims, they should all receive the same, regardless on whether they are insured or not. I am unsure as to why people are in the camps/relief centres when insurance covers tempory accommodation (in some cases up to 12 months).

I know with VSS this weekend we are doing a fun raiser to support those who have lost. I hope the people effected by this get on their feet sooner rather than later. It's sad to see and know. A massive loss.
No it's because GMH are the types that get their jollies off of all the attention of them giving. Im pretty sure it will make tax time a bit more fun for them too instead of trying to get more and more unavailable money from GM in the US.

GMH are so into themselves that they probably heard their was "some disaster in Australia" and thought "we would look better than everyone if we give the most"
They are the types of companies that just want to get media attention out of all this.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 16-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

So just because some other company donated more they should be criticized? I'm sure their are plenty of billion dollar multi nationals who haven't even donated a cent, why don't you criticize them. :
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #37
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
So just because some other company donated more they should be criticized? I'm sure their are plenty of billion dollar multi nationals who haven't even donated a cent, why don't you criticize them. :
No, not beacuse of what others do. I am not concerned with other business, just the manufacturer I buy my cars from. They never seem to be first at anything. This is another example.
It's always other companies, never FoMoCo.

It would be nice to be proud of Ford for once.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #38
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
I know it is small fry and probably equivalent to a rounding error but I am impressed that such a troubled industry is putting its hand in its pockets for this.

Exactly what i thought!

Cheers
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
ZDHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #39
WindsorXR

Quote:
No, not beacuse of what others do. I am not concerned with other business, just the manufacturer I buy my cars from. They never seem to be first at anything. This is another example.
It's always other companies, never FoMoCo.

It would be nice to be proud of Ford for once.
Yeah, Ford wasn't the first, but they weren't the last. I think your missing the fact that all the companies are trying to do their bit for the people in this tragedy. Some are doing it only to get their name in the media about how good they are and others are giving what they can to help out the victims and the heros.
At least Ford gave something. They could have just gone on with business and not worried about it.

I think you should get off your high horse and give credit where it's due.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport