Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Default What's this worth?

Guy's the insurance is due but I think they've reduced the value too far & it's under insured (agreed value). They won't insure it for more so I'm going elsewhere, what value should I be asking for (comprehensive agreed value)?

I'm also thinking of selling it, thoughts on asking price.

It's a December 1993 ED XR8 5sp manual Cobalt Blue, pretty much stock as ordered from factory (A/C, Super Sports Suspension, Premium Sound with 6 stack CD changer, EB GT Body Kit with original GT colour scheme), has custom cat back exhaust, Simmons rims are 17x8 FR17's with 235x45 Goodyear Revspec tyres, Titanium window tint. Genuine 62000 kms, I drive a company car & have done since just after I bought it, not even a weekender just a play toy, my FPV BF Cobra has now taken it's place. It's been professionally serviced at regular intervals (by me, when not "officially" due) & now pretty much just sits in my brothers shed with the car cover on collecting dust & spiders, it's probably travelled no more than 1000 kms in the past year.

Cheers
Glenn.

cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

mate it's a sweet looking car probably the best you could ever hope to own (62000 ks woo!) but realistically not worth heaps to an insurance agency. Perhaps just sell her if that's the aim as you said. Probably not worth insuring any more
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

If your not going to drive it then change the cover to "Laid Up Cover" so it will be insured for all the normal risks except when driven under its own power

Have you tried Shannons or LSV (Lumley Special Vehicles)?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
If your not going to drive it then change the cover to "Laid Up Cover" so it will be insured for all the normal risks except when driven under its own power

Have you tried Shannons or LSV (Lumley Special Vehicles)?
Yes, I'm going to shannons, the Cobra's insured with them.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Being such a mint low k example, I would definatly push for agreed value full comp insurance.

If you do decide to sell it, send me a PM, i'll be in the market soon... Although judging from the pics, its proberly out of my price range!

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

that thing looks mint mate. i just got a quote to insure my EB XR8 thru shannons for agreed value (as is) of $4000. and worked out to be around $55 a month for full comprehensive.

My XA has laid up cover thru shannons also and is quite cheap too

hope this helps

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you talk to Shannons and let them know what agreed valve you are looking for , they might agree to it .
I've got my EB XR8 insured with them for $9K. Had to show them pics of the car,engine bay and interior.
Premium will depend on mods,usage,where vehicle garaged (in lock up type ,location,ect),your driving history, age, just the normal info.

Very nice looking car and I think you would not have a problem insuring it for what you think it is worth.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Thanks for the comments guys,
I've insured it with Shannons for $10000 no questions asked, have a feeling I could have insured it for more, easily.

I'm keeping it for the near future, but will post it in the sales forum if/when I decide to sell it. Unless someone comes up with some reasonable figures I guess I'll be listing it for sale around the $10000 plus mark.

Cheers
Glenn.