Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Thumbs up Best Customer Service Ever

Recently in my town we had terrential rains. My unit was flooded and I was out of it for 4 weeks. Only moved back in christmas eve. Anyway I had some insurance stuff that got paid for and I got my Electrical stuff from my local Retravision. So here is why the service from them was exceptional.

So as you know I got new things with insurance, one of them being this

http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/ca...egoryId=34346#

However I found out it had no optical and even though I have had it 2 weeks they agreed to take it back, so today for no extra cost because of sales and what not I got this.

http://panasonic.com.au/products/det...?objectID=4294

That isn't the best part. I threw the box to the sony out, but they are still going to take it back, and because they are really busy, the sales guy is coming around personally to pick up the sony and give me my panasonic, because the delivery guys are super busy.

That is the best service I have ever had. Never get that at a Harvey Norman store. BTW I bought all my stuff from the local Retravision.

Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Better tell us all which retravision you where dealing with and sales person
mickyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I have had some good customer service from a couple of places lately too. Just feel good stuff, and people doing their jobs well. Maybe Ford dealerships and service could take a leaf out of their book???

A pretty crappy situation to be in, so its good this part relieved your stress a bit.
Old 30-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Spudz27
Call me Spud

lol I put retravision in there too many times.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
reece1
reece1

good to hear
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Fantastic news mate its good to hear of some good old fashioned customer service.

Better tell us where the store is
Old 31-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Having worked at Retravision for near on 5 years in all the sections, I can say that this type of service is what Retra is all about. The main difference is that Retra stores are a privately owned franchise, whereas a Harvey store is 49% private, 51% Gerry Harvey. Makes a huge difference to customer service IMO.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Yeah ive never been a fan of Hardly Normal, when i was looking to buy a PS3 every store i went to they never even had a price label on them and its happened with other tihngs if look for in their stores aswell.
Old 31-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #9
Captain Falcon
FALCON PAWWWNCH!!!

We have bought all our electrical things at Retravision. TV, Dryer, Washing machine and we'll be buying a Fridge from there soon too. I found their prices to be alot more reasonable than Harvey Norman, The Good Guys and Dick Smith Powerhouse

Coz only hairdressers use blow dryers! :evil3:
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have received awful customer service at one retravision but over and above at another one, the excellent one was in Junee of all places. They were great!
Old 31-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Yeah ive never been a fan of Hardly Normal, when i was looking to buy a PS3 every store i went to they never even had a price label on them and its happened with other tihngs if look for in their stores aswell.
Weirdly enough, I also had a bad experience with them the other day. Dick smiths had the olympus FE-370 for $177, and when I asked the guy to match it - he told me I misread the label, and they have the FE320 at that price. Im not blind, and the DS website doesn't lie. Harvey Norman guy goes to call them, 10 mins later he emerges with "Oh, we cant get through and our internet is down, not saying you didnt read it, but we need proof ... best I can do is $235". Walked out. No words needed.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan635
Weirdly enough, I also had a bad experience with them the other day. Dick smiths had the olympus FE-370 for $177, and when I asked the guy to match it - he told me I misread the label, and they have the FE320 at that price. Im not blind, and the DS website doesn't lie. Harvey Norman guy goes to call them, 10 mins later he emerges with "Oh, we cant get through and our internet is down, not saying you didnt read it, but we need proof ... best I can do is $235". Walked out. No words needed.
Yeah they don't ever seem to be very keen on price matching.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #13
Bluefreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan635
Oddly enough I had the exact opposite happen... I saw my TV at HN and went to DS, asked them to match the price, waited for them to phone HN, came back and told me I was full of shart so I went and took a picture of the tv including price tag - asked to speak to DS store manager, explained the recent events and got a further $250 below the HN price and many apologies...
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #14
mr302xd
Formerly MR BAXR6t

I see some of you have had a few bad expieriences at Dick Smith. It all comes down to the salesman. I am a dept manager at a DS in Sydney and am always trying to make the customer expierince a plesant one. I believe if you price match you should take off a further percentage off the TICKETED price. Being directly opposite JB hi Fi we have alot of ppl coming across, back and forward trying to get the best deal, which can be very hard for the salesman. A few cases we have had with JB telling the customer the best deal with out any written proof and coming back to us tell us what theyve said and having to take their work for it. Then there the customers that we have caught out just making up price. Thats where its difficult.

Cheers Frank

Fords ive owned-
2010 FG XR6 5 speed auto in Mystic
81 XD S-Pac 302c 4sp manual
78 Yellow TE Cortina Wagon 4.1L
92 Green EB Fairmont GT replica
01 Black AU XR8 II Manual
04 Rapid BAII XR6T 220rwkw
04 Mandarin BA XR6T 247rwkw
07 BF II XR6T 385rwkw
1980 ZJ Fairlane 302c
mr302xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post