Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #61
chief
FTF Club Moderator

That is very distressing to read. My family went through the same thing as my brother broke his arm twice in under a year when he was 5. DCS thought that my dad was bashing him (my day at the time weighed about 160 odd kilos). They came and knocked on the door and tried to take my brother then and there. Dad stood up to them and after lengthy discussions with the DCS and calling people to the house to explain to them from a witness point of view how he broke his arm twice, they left, without my brother.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #62
claymet

Wow this is unreal, I don't have kids myself I couldn't imagine how you felt....

Good Luck..
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #63
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehast13
WOW. thanks for all the support. At this point, I've been advised not to make anymore public statements (including posts) until all parties have met for a frank discussion of the facts.

I will keep u all posted and appreciate all your support. Thank u to those who sent me private messages with well thought out advice.

I look forward to posting on wednesday night to let you all know how it went

I just read this post to my wife, and we are disgusted... we have 2 girls under 4 and also live in Qld. This performnce of the hospital is disgusting, and our hearts go out to you and your wife.

Obviously you have seeked legal advice, good for you. Don't let them get away with it.

Now I take it that you are in Brisbane right? Can you PM me the hospital? This sort of stuff is what keeps parents awake at night?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #64
winkle

Ehast, some one has already said it, but your first step should be to write down exactly what happened and what was said by whom, while it is fresh in your mind. Make sure you record the exact words said. Dr Dickwad said ''blah blah blah." Sergeant Wally said "rah rah rah". The more detail, the better. If it runs to 10 pages, so be it.

My sister is using a no win no fee law firm against the TAC here in Vic, for an accident she had 6 years ago. She was run off the road by two hoons drag racing towards her. Only now has she received the second offer. The law firm will get 25% of her payout, which will be well over $200k, so the lawyers will get over $50k.

My wife had mild post natal depression after our second child was born. I feel for you and your family. Fact is, this stuff up has had an effect on your marriage with unspoken feelings of mistrust. In my opinion, the bastards who did this to you have got to pay. That said, I'd imagine that you want to recover from this pretty soon. Use the referral source that someone mentioned to get legal advice. I'd say away from the media, because you'll end up looking like a money hungry grub. No offence, but to me everyone who goes on TT or ACA ends up looking like a dill. From your post, you're better than that.

Keep talking to your wife - get some counselling if it is still bothering you after a while - the hospital can pay for this as well.

Best of luck, and always remenber that your family is the most important thing in all of this.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #65
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
WOW. thanks for all the support. At this point, I've been advised not to make anymore public statements (including posts) until all parties have met for a frank discussion of the facts.

I will keep u all posted and appreciate all your support. Thank u to those who sent me private messages with well thought out advice.

I look forward to posting on wednesday night to let you all know how it went
I dont know if I could calm myself down enough to have a frank discussion!

Its all been said, but the most important thing IMO if you want to go down the path of reimbursement (I sure as hell would) then keep it about morals, the law and principles and the money will follow.

The fact that you said that a little bit of compensation would be good for a trust says a bit about you; Id do the same.

.....and get a new F6...JOKE!

Ive got a 3 month old and would be distraught if that happened to me.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #66
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My fiance and myself have just read this. There is not alot I can say that hasn't already been said. I would be homicidal if this had happened to me. I really hope that the x-rays were read incorrectly. The thought of another innocent baby being sent home with abusive parents turns my stomach.

I hope that you and your wife can work through this. We have a 10 month old little boy and would have been at each others throat in this situation.

Our hearts go out to you and your family.
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #67
HLC
Audi S3

what a ridiculous turn of events.

but the questioning is standard issue.

when my sister was diagnosed with ulcerative collitis, my father got questioned about sexual abuse etc and a whole heap of crap about that. and it really is quite unsettling.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #68
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jesus just reading the original post has my blood boiling!!!

my main annoyance is the absolutely kn ob that managed to stuff up the X-RAYs.

now im no DR as we all know, but i can tell the difference between a bloody cough and crushed ribs!!! what kind of monkeys are we allowing in our god damned healthcare system!!!

screw the international students coming over here, train up some bloody aussies!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #69
NGN 351
FoMoCo Fan

Default Clinical presentation

Sorry to hear what has happened to your family. Ask the hospital about the clinical presentation of your child with supossed broken arm/s. This child would be screeming in agony if bones were broken. I have treated many children and trust me you cant get near them without alot of pain relief or sedation.
Children's bones are very flexible so take alot of effort to break therefore one would expect bruising, or the possibility of interuption of blood supply or nerve damage past the point of fracture. Was there any clinical signs of this ? Ask to see the medical notes.
Hope you get sqillions, no one deserves this. Surely your own doctor who refered you to the hospital would have picked up abnormalities if there were broken bones.

Take care

Justin
NGN 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #70
mowog
Discovery 4

Its a terrible thing that has happened to you because of a failing in QLD Health.

The system of child protection is a bit trigger happy because of what other people do to their children it has to be.

QLD Health need to held to account here.

But we should all be livid at the people who caused the system to be what it is. You only need to see what has happened in the past with children who have died because people didn't act.

You should take some comfort that the system acted in the best interests of your children. They most certainly treated you and your wife very poorly.

I hope you get some justice from the system because you have been wronged .
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #71
Sam_Boss260

any update after today's meeting?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #72
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An Apology. In writing. Reimbursement of expenses. Any counselling paid for. Compensation figure still being negotiated. Admitted error. Didn't try to blame anyone else, didn't try to make excuses. Feel a lot better already. Nice that they didn't try to make excuses. Poor doctor shook like a leaf. I'm a pretty big guy (a lot taller than the doc and I'm around 18 stone) and he admitted later that he had been a bit concerned that I might give him a clip under the ear. I wonder if he lost as much sleep as I did? Went a lot smoother than expected
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #73
seduced_xr
BF XR6

good to hear mate... wait till they hand over the goods. then give him a clip around the ear
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #74
claymet

Quote:
An Apology. In writing. Reimbursement of expenses. Any counselling paid for. Compensation figure still being negotiated. Admitted error. Didn't try to blame anyone else, didn't try to make excuses. Feel a lot better already. Nice that they didn't try to make excuses. Poor doctor shook like a leaf. I'm a pretty big guy (a lot taller than the doc and I'm around 18 stone) and he admitted later that he had been a bit concerned that I might give him a clip under the ear. I wonder if he lost as much sleep as I did? Went a lot smoother than expected

WOW! What a result. I don't know if I should say congrats or I hope everything works out in your favour...

It's good to see that they admitted it was their fault and they are prepared to do what ever it takes to help....

Good Luck to you and your family......

Cheers
Clay
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #75
Sam_Boss260

Good result in the end, if they admitted liability in writing, then you should be ok. Take your wife on a holiday....
Old 05-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #76
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have always agreed with "It's not the mistakes you make but it's how you handle them" Although a complete monumental stuff up, they have had enough guts to admit fault and compensate you. As long as you both agree on the figure then all the best, and as above go on a holiday. The family deserves one.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #77
iCat
doof doof doof doof

ehast13, put your arms around your wife and children, hold each other tight, and be at peace within your world.

an appalling thing to go through, i'm glad it's easing for you all .....

iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #78
Ringo
I see you....

Unbeliavable.

I'm glad there is a process for looking out for abuse but the process malfunctioned...badly.

Ditto other comments - Kiss your wife, hug your kids, say a little thankyou that it has all worked out and move on being thankful that parents who don't love their kids like you and your wife do will be found and the kids saved.

You and your wife are obviously a team and together you got though it.

Don't let this rubbish eat away at you. I had an injustice done to me which ate away at me for about 6 months, had me seeing a consellor because I was a ball of anger and was having violent thoughts (very very unlike me) - I just wasn't coping. 12 months on I see myself as a survivor and am stronger and wiser for the experience. My marriage is stronger than ever and I will never let myself get sucked into that dark place again.

An injustice has been done to you and your family no doubt but moving on now is the most important thing.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post