Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #31
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

I cant believe some believe police should not be held accountable to the same law they enforce on others...

Get real,their job is to enforce the law,not be above it.

Its all good as long as it does'nt happen to me?
Old 30-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #32
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
I cant believe some believe police should not be held accountable to the same law they enforce on others...

Get real,their job is to enforce the law,not be above it.

Its all good as long as it does'nt happen to me?
Nugget378
I have had it happen to me, and more than once.
But i deserved it every time..... And if it wasnt for my local cop giving me a smaking a few times when i was growing up i wouldve ended up in jail.
The point i was making is that it wasnt normal everyday people involved, it was VIOLENT crims, not really people that respond to a talking to aye....
Old 30-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #33
balthazarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-383
Oh sorry mate what is the name of the world you live in?
must be a great place where crims just fess up aye...
You'd be surprised. I did various volunteer work with Legal Aid and criminal defence lawyers while studying... most criminal cases never get to trial, they're pleaded out.

Quote:
Look i am not saying that all police should do it or get away with it, what i am saying is that this squad delt with some really out there blokes and maybe that was the best way to deal with em...
And maybe it is the best way to deal with them. But what happens when the police get it wrong, and the beat confessions out of people that didn't do the crime in question, and have no criminal history? How can you possibly trust a confession that has been beaten out of someone?

Quote:
The do-gooders and bleeding hearts are the big prob here NOT the cops that got the job done.
The role of the police is not to determine innocence or guilt. It is to investigate and prevent crime, and bring suspects to court to answer charges laid against them.

The police should not be engaging in vigilante justice because of perceived flaws in the justice system.

Let me give you an example: Someone takes a baseball bat to your car. Your neighbour saw it and tells you who the vandal was. You and a group of mates head over there and bash him for smashing your car. Would you expect to be arrested and charged? What's the difference between that scenario, and police beating a suspect? What if your neighbour comes to you the next day and says that he got it wrong?
Old 30-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #34
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr
You'd be surprised. I did various volunteer work with Legal Aid and criminal defence lawyers while studying... most criminal cases never get to trial, they're pleaded out.

And maybe it is the best way to deal with them. But what happens when the police get it wrong, and the beat confessions out of people that didn't do the crime in question, and have no criminal history? How can you possibly trust a confession that has been beaten out of someone?

The role of the police is not to determine innocence or guilt. It is to investigate and prevent crime, and bring suspects to court to answer charges laid against them.

The police should not be engaging in vigilante justice because of perceived flaws in the justice system.

Let me give you an example: Someone takes a baseball bat to your car. Your neighbour saw it and tells you who the vandal was. You and a group of mates head over there and bash him for smashing your car. Would you expect to be arrested and charged? What's the difference between that scenario, and police beating a suspect? What if your neighbour comes to you the next day and says that he got it wrong?
Nar mate i spose you are right aye....lets just let the crims do what ever they like and tie the hands of the police.....wouldnt that be a great world to live in...
How would you and the bleading hearts of this world deal with these violent crims?
Old 30-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #35
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Nugget378
I have had it happen to me, and more than once.
But i deserved it every time..... And if it wasnt for my local cop giving me a smaking a few times when i was growing up i wouldve ended up in jail.
The point i was making is that it wasnt normal everyday people involved, it was VIOLENT crims, not really people that respond to a talking to aye....
Well good to see you turned out ok,
I see it a bit differently,having known a couple of coppers that would make most crims look like girl guides,the old man used to have to have the weekly *drink* ready just to keep his business running..I dont really care if 50 crims get off due to not being bashed,its just not worth the one time it will happen to an innocent,just stop and think for a second if you copped a flogging,or worse,for no reason..

We are regulated from arssehole to breakfast in this society,if we have to follow the rules,then they bloody well should be able to as well,or do I just start walking around caning anyone that does anything I percieve to be wrong?
Old 30-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #36
Justin@
Banned

Guys, what every needs to understand is that didnt involve average joe in the street. These were hardened violent crims, and there was probably no other real way of dealing with em.
Old 30-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #37
balthazarr

Quote:
Nar mate i spose you are right aye....lets just let the crims do what ever they like and tie the hands of the police.....wouldnt that be a great world to live in...
How would you and the bleading hearts of this world deal with these violent crims?
First off, I'm glad you didn't lump me in with the bleeding hearts of this world.

I am not saying that crims should be able to do whatever they like, or that police should have their hands tied... I'm saying they should not be allowed to beat confessions out of suspects. Period.

If police have to beat a confession out of a suspect, how solid can their case possibly be? If they have solid evidence upon which to arrest/charge a suspect, why would they need to beat them? If there is insufficient evidence to mount a case, then I would question why that person is a suspect, and definitely have to look at any confession that may have been coerced as suspicious.

If a suspect is being violent or unruly then, yes, police should have the right to beat him/her down. Hard.

How would I deal with violent crims? Depends on what the crime is. Do I think the justice system is too lenient? ABSOLUTELY. For serious crimes, lock them up and throw away the key. Even better, bring back the death penalty and save us all the cost of their upkeep.
Old 30-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #38
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd think it would be a bit hard to mix up a murderer from the average joe, we've got forensic science to help us with that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 30-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #39
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Guys, what every needs to understand is that didnt involve average joe in the street. These were hardened violent crims, and there was probably no other real way of dealing with em.
No what needs to be remembered is it is up to a court to deal with them,not the police,and with very good reason...If its was up to the police,the time would come when someone running a red light would be considered a hardened crim.
Old 30-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #40
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
No what needs to be remembered is it is up to a court to deal with them,not the police,and with very good reason...If its was up to the police,the time would come when someone running a red light would be considered a hardened crim.
Bit of an extremist view, and a bit far fetched
Old 30-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #41
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Closed Thread