Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Ceramic Coating HPC vs Jet Hot vs Pacemaker

Quoted Prices on Ceramic Coating Pacemaker 4480's
(All coatings are inside and out)

Jet Hot Sterling Coating (Chrome) $255
Jet Hot Black/Grey/Blue Colour Coating ADD $55

Note Colour Coating is Painted on top of Sterling Coating
Jet Hot have a Courier Service Pick up & Deliver at your Door - at your Cost
Based in Castlemaine Victoria
Phone 03 5470 6416

HPC HiperCoat (Chrome) $250
HPC HiperCoat Extreme (Black) $700+

HPC have a Courier Service Pick up & Deliver at your Door - at your Cost
Based in Leongatha Victoria
Phone: (03) 5662 4719 or (03) 5662 4338

Pacemaker Ceramic Coat (Chrome) $252
Pacemaker Ceramic Coat (Black) $252

Pacemaker don't have a courier you have to send it to them - they will courier it back
Based in South Australia
Phone: (08) 8354 2066

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Ceramic Coat in Adelaide (polished) is excellent.

I had my Headers on my Ducati 999R done. The bike is fitted with the 70mm Ducati Corse exhaust which had melted the Carbon Fibre fairing.

After having them Ceramic Coated and fitting some heat tape inside the fairing i have solved the problem.

The polished finish will end up a Pueter finish after some use but it will not dis-colour, i was going to get it done black but was advised by them that the paint can some times flake, i didnt want to take the risk and now i think the polished finish looks better as the black may have been to much. $190 for the job
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Awesome work Rosco, might get mine done at Jet Hot in Castlemaine one day, just around the corner for me! Price isn't too bad either.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBBossedXR
.............. i was going to get it done black but was advised by them that the paint can some times flake, i didnt want to take the risk and now i think the polished finish looks better as the black may have been to much. $190 for the job
Thanks for that, I was going to get them Black but now going to get them the Chrome Look

HPC are picking them up on Monday at my cost of course

Ceramic Coat wanted me to organise the courier which I couldn't be stuffed doing so as HPC was just one call and all arranged - I went with them due to the easiness

HPC can either just coat the outside on the 4480's which was about $170 and inside and out was $250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVL-XR
Awesome work Rosco, might get mine done at Jet Hot in Castlemaine one day, just around the corner for me! Price isn't too bad either.
Everyone tells me when i ask about ceramic coating that it is "real" expensive - $250 is not that much

Will show before and after pics when they are done

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBBossedXR
Ceramic Coat in Adelaide (polished) is excellent.

I had my Headers on my Ducati 999R done. The bike is fitted with the 70mm Ducati Corse exhaust which had melted the Carbon Fibre fairing.

After having them Ceramic Coated and fitting some heat tape inside the fairing i have solved the problem.

The polished finish will end up a Pueter finish after some use but it will not dis-colour, i was going to get it done black but was advised by them that the paint can some times flake, i didnt want to take the risk and now i think the polished finish looks better as the black may have been to much. $190 for the job
can you post a pic of them please?
blur1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Here are some 15 months old, apparently the coating will go pueter looking if you run your car very hard on an dyno without the proper cooling.

Daily driving hard wont effect them as there is enough air flow to cool them but stationary on a dyno is another thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
If you can afford it go the ceramic coated headers not just the looks but also reduced heat. As stated around about $250 for 6cyl ones. Still look the same some 15 months on

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 15-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Here are my Pacemaker 4480's HPC HiperCoat (Chrome) $250

Before with 3" Flange Welded on

After:-

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 15-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So whats the difference between all the quotes???

Is it the same product they use???
mickyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Wow Rosco thats come up great! I need to get mine done one day, mine are looking shocking at the moment. Wonder how long they stay like that for.