Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 12-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
GT Doug

Default Info on Race Brakes pads

Hi. For some time I have been dealing with Cebco Brakes, and have been using Race Brakes RB 74 pads in my GTP for track days. I am happy with these pads, especially considering their price, and wish to continue buying them for club use.

John was never able to give me much info on the pads, like temperatures for example. I'm hoping you may be able to shed some light, as when some club members I know see stats, they will be interested.

Also, can you please PM me with a price. The part numbers I can give you are: HB194 (21871) & RB193 (26973). They are for the 6 & 4 piston GTP.

Thankyou in advance.

Doug

GT Doug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Doug
Hi. For some time I have been dealing with Cebco Brakes, and have been using Race Brakes RB 74 pads in my GTP for track days. I am happy with these pads, especially considering their price, and wish to continue buying them for club use.

John was never able to give me much info on the pads, like temperatures for example. I'm hoping you may be able to shed some light, as when some club members I know see stats, they will be interested.

Also, can you please PM me with a price. The part numbers I can give you are: HB194 (21871) & RB193 (26973). They are for the 6 & 4 piston GTP.

Thankyou in advance.

Doug
The numbers you have provided me are actually from another brand and are 4 piston front and back pads so that part is a bit confusing.The rears are the same part but the fronts as we know are different because they are bigger.Was there RB74 written on the boxes or any other info on the boxes or the invoice.I will enquire on the availability of 6/4 pads in RB74 for you on monday but i know the temp range is about 650deg and we are told good friction level but not any specific details.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
GT Doug

Hmmmm, well I can't remember which box was for the fronts, and which for the rears, but the ones labeled "RB 193" have been written on by hand, and "DB 193" has been crossed off.

The pads themselves are comming out of the car tomorrow, so hopefully they have some numbers on them.

Thankyou for the prompt reply.
Old 15-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Hmmmm, well I can't remember which box was for the fronts, and which for the rears, but the ones labeled "RB 193" have been written on by hand, and "DB 193" has been crossed off.

The pads themselves are comming out of the car tomorrow, so hopefully they have some numbers on them.

Thankyou for the prompt reply.
No worries i will wait until then

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 17-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
GT Doug

Unfortunately there are no marking on the pads. So apart from what I've already stated, that's all I know. Hopefully knowing the grade, you can still find out some details for me.

Thankyou.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
GT Doug

Not much help so far Race Brakes.

This is YOUR product, right?
Old 13-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #7
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Not much help so far Race Brakes.

This is YOUR product, right?
I just want to clear up what is going on here since you have accused me of not being much help.

GT Doug you purchased these brake pads through Cebco (not me) with handwritten numbers (not mine ) on the box and these numbers do not make sense to me because the numbers 193 and HB194 numbers are similar to the 4 piston brembo pad number system that Hawk use on there products (HB193 & HB194).
This material is NOT my product and i have never said it is ours and never will.Race Brakes Sydney is not associated with any other Race Brakes store and i have very strong positive feedback from the customers on this forum and i try very hard not to #@$$ people off because i need there business.Did you actually take a minute to think before your last post because you want information about a product that isn't mine in a box which isn't mine with someone elses handwritten part numbers on it that don't make sense and then you have accused me of not being any help. :

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 13-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Fair enough you got a little fired up there mate.

GT Doug I think an apology is in order. I assume you got your last pads from Race Brakes in North Melbourne (Unless there is another up your way) aka Cebco. Race Brakes Sydney and Cebco (the other race brakes) are 2 completely separate companies and for our race brakes to try and help you when only provided with another companies part number just shows how much they actually value their customers and their commitment to us here at AFF.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Fair enough you got a little fired up there mate.

GT Doug I think an apology is in order. I assume you got your last pads from Race Brakes in North Melbourne (Unless there is another up your way) aka Cebco. Race Brakes Sydney and Cebco (the other race brakes) are 2 completely separate companies and for our race brakes to try and help you when only provided with another companies part number just shows how much they actually value their customers and their commitment to us here at AFF.
Your right and i was a bit fired up.I tried to contact John who used to own Cebco Brakes to clear up the matter but he is out of the country for now.I spoke to one of his old staff members who thought it was also strange that a product they sold did not have Cebco part number on it or why the numbers didn't make sense but again without an invoice from them or seeing the box itself he couldn't be of any more help.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 14-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #10
GT Doug

My intention is not to offend. I have spoken today with your Victorian store, who recognised the numbers, and could assist me with my enquires. Thankyou for your time.

Doug
Old 14-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #11
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
My intention is not to offend. I have spoken today with your Victorian store, who recognised the numbers, and could assist me with my enquires. Thankyou for your time.

Doug
The store in North Melbourne is in no way affiliated with Race Brakes Sydney, hence the reason that your last post was seen to be offensive.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post