Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
SLYXT
FG xr6 Ute.

Quote:
With the shaft, he didnt show it to me on my car he just showed me a display type thing on how it works, but my steering has a fair bit of play
Not sure if you got this fixed mate and i didnt read the whole thread as i have to head out soon but i can tell you this the shaft he is talking about is the steering coupling AU differ from other couplings as i have been told.
i got a quote from a place local here and he quoted.
1 - s/coupling $438
1 - labour $66
1 - W/A Toeonly $25
$529

i near fell over so went away and spoke to south coast ford and they refered me to a good wrecker and i picked up a coupling for $35 bucks which i can return if any probs but i have showed my mechanic and he said it would be fine and his fitting it tomorrow for $60.
$95 and problem is sorted. some may argue and say well its second hand wont last as long as the new coupling.. but its a chance im willing to take as 529 seems crazy!

cheers
Brad
SLYXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post