Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-08-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 
Default Of all my cars, i wish i still had my EA, lol.

: I spew on it totally now, i've had in order

XD falcon s box
1966 XR falcon with 351clevo pushing somewhere near 450-500hp but never dyno'd, engines brother ran flat 12's in a XD full trim with 3.5's and 2500 hi stall.
EL futura stock
EA fairmont ghia, i turbo'd, looked crap but everything was 150%, 271rwkw's.
XF Fairmont Ghia with EL 5litre (highly modded) and BTR, 219rwkw's
and Now AU 5litre with mods pushing 183rwkw's

And yet the car i spew on and so still wish i had was the EA, that car looked crap, red paint was so faded and everything, but yet still to drive it was just so much fun, and handled unrealed, I remember having a mate in the car and booting it spinning the wheels, and held the car on a 30degree angle for about 100metre's no probs, just drifting down the road. May seem stupid to some, but this was a car i drove everyday, didn't matter what i did to it, after all it was an EA who cares, but still handle, drove so good and yet took every bit of abuse i could throw at it. I spew on it totally now. A mate of mine took a video once of it taking off from work, it is basically the only evidence of the car existing and yet he's lost it. And i'd so love to watch it.

Like i look right back to the XR and i remember i had it and my brother had a 302 xt with similar power, and we're in the shed a couple of drinks next thing we know he's in the shed burnout auto 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Ok thats it my turn, 1st, 3rd 110,120,140,170 off she goes. We stop and walk about and there's this massive massive cloud wondering the valley out of our shed.

Some of the cars we've had and fun times and so on, and now i have my AU, and though don't get me wrong the cars not bad, but it just doesn't cut it in the fun department.

Old 31-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I know how you feel. My EA is not as fun to drive, but in the 2-3 years I have owned it it has cost me almost 0 in repairs. I lost 2nd and 4th gear once and yet I still drove it for about 2 months like that with no drama's and travelled in 3rd at 110 and still did 10L/100km. I still have it but now I have my ED and my mrs uses the EA. As much as I love my ED it has cost me 2-3g in the last 3 months over 1-2g over 2-3 years in my EA.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the main reason I dont want to trade my XH ute in for a new ute. If I buy a new car im locking the XH ute up (god knows where) for weekends.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #4
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

I feel the same, I got a supra and some other toys, and the EA just felt crap in every way in comparison.

I sold eventually, but then I started to miss it for its rortiness and simple fun that I got out of it. I was driving along to work one day and saw another guy getting some random wheelspin down the hwy in an EA that looked just like mine, it sounded tuff and reminded me of the fun i had in mine.

Good times.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

That's the thing about EAs. They're just fun. Mine isn't insanely quick or anything and is pretty rough around the edges, but it's just great to drive. With the manual behind it, it surprises a few people. It sounds tough, parts are cheap, and is comfortable to cruise in. When I do eventually buy a new car, I'd struggle to get rid of the EA. It's not worth much but has heaps of sentimental value. I'd probably keep the EA and give it a complete overhaul. That's what all these EA knockers don't get. While they think of a head gasket blowing pig of a car, they don't realise just how good these cars are for the money.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive owned an EA and it was the biggest pile of crap
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
BLDNUT01

yes i miss my EA as well it got written off in april this year it was just a great car had sun roof drove well and the the only prob i had with it was the distribuator in the 4 years i had it it was just a beast
Old 31-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was actually going to start a thread about the EA, seriously people whine and whinge about them being junk boxes but if you ask me they are great solid workhorses that can be fixed cheap, you dont give two shits how its looked after and dont even have to wash the things. My dad had his since 120 thou kays until 310 now, its still going strong now and drives good. Went through the obvious headgaskets and gearboxes but hey what do you expect. Had a 91 GL as a workhack with 289 thou when I picked it up for $600 it went strong till about 315 (needed little things) until it got defected. It still would have went strong for ages but now its ripped apart. Got a 88 Fairmont workhorse now which I picked up for $500 on LPG, had its small problems which Ive sorted, now with 250 thou kays which drives great and feels like it will last for a while. For the price you can pick these up for as well as cheap parts they are great I reckon. Obviously no BMW but they do the job
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #9
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

out of all the cars i miss would have to be my 76 lx torana 400 chev twin turbo ( 10s all day )

then it would have to be my old gemini nothing special but was my first car

if we add families cars i would ad my brothers 78 gemini engineered 253 powered and ran a 11.2 1/4 all day

Grimus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #10
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

I wish i still had my ea was a good car, reliable.

Cheers
scott.

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #11
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
I was actually going to start a thread about the EA, seriously people whine and whinge about them being junk boxes but if you ask me they are great solid workhorses that can be fixed cheap, you dont give two shits how its looked after and dont even have to wash the things. My dad had his since 120 thou kays until 310 now, its still going strong now and drives good. Went through the obvious headgaskets and gearboxes but hey what do you expect. Had a 91 GL as a workhack with 289 thou when I picked it up for $600 it went strong till about 315 (needed little things) until it got defected. It still would have went strong for ages but now its ripped apart. Got a 88 Fairmont workhorse now which I picked up for $500 on LPG, had its small problems which Ive sorted, now with 250 thou kays which drives great and feels like it will last for a while. For the price you can pick these up for as well as cheap parts they are great I reckon. Obviously no BMW but they do the job
Yep all true. My 90' model has done 1 headgasket, at about 220,000kms. It's also done one transmission (but in all honesty, it could have gone for a lot longer with it, but was slowly dieing. 230,000kms without a single transmission service will do that!). I bought the car at 148,000. It's now at 272,000. The suspension's worn out because it spent most of it's life on rough country roads (I moved to Clayton/Oakleigh in 2004). It's had a few other issues, but overall it's been good. For the first 5 years I drove it, the only time it went on a towtruck was when I crashed it. It's been towed a couple of times in the last year, but when cars get to 18 years old, you expect things to break.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

Wow i was drunk last night when i started this thread, lol.
Old 31-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #13
webby_191189
low wagooon

hahaha rofl. Of all my cars im so glad a got rid of my EF

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
Paxton
Cobblers!

Of all my cars, I miss my Patrol the most. It was the most reliable car I owned, and it was the only Manual car I had that my Mrs. was happy to drive. I grew out of the Off Roading stuff, but at least with my Territory, I took it off road and onto sand. I'm not even allowed to do that to my X5.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #15
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*holds onto his EA*
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #16
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

I wish i still had my VK. :( damn shame

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #17
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
out of all the cars i miss would have to be my 76 lx torana 400 chev twin turbo ( 10s all day )

if we add families cars i would ad my brothers 78 gemini engineered 253 powered and ran a 11.2 1/4 all day

Grimus
Wow, got any details/pics of the 400 tt?

Even considering it's in a gem, how on earth did he get a 253 running 11/2's? That takes a fair amount of power, more than pretty much any NA 253 is capable of!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #18
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
Wow i was drunk last night when i started this thread, lol.
LMAO...
knowing that, it sorta sounds like u got a bit teary eyed when typing it.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
kabbart
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus

Grimus
Woah that's awesome, got pics of either? Especially under bonnet?
kabbart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #20
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Indeed, it would be great to hear some details of the TT V8 Torana!
I was under the impression it had run 8, then 9 second quarters.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #21
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Indeed, it would be great to hear some details of the TT V8 Torana!
I was under the impression it had run 8, then 9 second quarters.
The story changes all the time, i was told it ran 8's, but keep in mind that there is no proof that this car EVER existed...........
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post