Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-07-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 
Default Anyone running hooker aerochambers?

After an incident of my lowered car and 3inch exhaust hitting the ground and killing my muffler, i have decided to go twin 2 1/2 and am putting on aerochambers, im real curious/excited to see what it sounds like, but was wondering if there was any other AU's out there with them on already? When finished i'll post some a sound file up for those who are interested.

Old 18-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I have twin 2.5" Aerochambers with twin Magnaflow resonators under the rear clip on my TE50. It all fits (tight with the rear resonators) and IMO sounds great. Had a lot of positive comments about the sound from others as well.

TE50 with Hookers

That's an MP4 clip it should work... I'll try and get another one this weekend.

Last edited by BOTTLEDUP; 18-07-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: adding link
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

how loud is it without the resonators?
Old 19-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #4
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bottleup - i just listened to your sound file, and i like it. Is that still the standard cam? The aerochambers definetly seem to have a unique sound to them, i have to say thou, you've upset me, i thought i might be the only AU v8 running them and give me some uniqueness, oh well i'll have to just settle for in vic then.
Old 19-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The car is totally stock apart from the exhaust... Even down to the Motorcraft filters!

XH5LTWPN is running them as twin 2.25" without resonators, there are a couple of clips of his ute on the dyno here somewhere... Try looking in the Windsor sound thread.

Without the resonators mine wasn't offensively loud, but as I had it dumped without any tailpipes the booming and vibration in the car wasn't acceptable for me.
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
travisty
WNTDAU

mate iv got them on my xr6 and when ever i pull up to people at the lights they think its an 8 cant go past them for sound
Old 20-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #7
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i done the front half of the system and is dumped under the diff, and its LOUD, i mean real LOUD. just went on a 100km round trip with it and mine and 2 other passengers ears are ringing. I'd say it'd be over 110db at idle. Also lost massive amount of power, its gutless, it would have been quicker completely stock standard, had 170rwkw's before with xr8 extractors, hi flow 2.5inch cats and 3inch straight thru system.

At the moment i still have the same extractors and cats on it, paceys due in on monday. Now i don't know what to do cause its massively lean, kind of a really dum thing to do on my part seeing that i was on the limit of the 19lb injectors before.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:32 AM   #8
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok system finished and i am absolutely wrapped, sounds great, and not too loud, driving and 100km/h cant even hear it, much better than the 3inch drone at 100 i had before, funny thing is that with it all done my idle has improved significantly, a lot smoother, and the car is just running really nice now, full throttle could of course really do with a tune and bigger injectors. But to cruise around and drive it normally, it feels great. Not to mention when i lean the right foot down a little i get this big fat deep sounding note, that has everyone looking, and then pulling a face of huh? thats an AU.