Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
gozza

Default Interesting but brilliant idea "Poland legalises street racing"

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/20022008/36...-racing-0.html

Police in the Polish city of Lodz have introduced a radical scheme to cut the number of accidents involving boy racers.

The police let the boy racers speed through the city on streets that have been specially closed to other traffic.

It's hoped this plan will drastically cut the number of accidents involving young drivers at night by giving them somewhere they can let loose.

The first legal street races have already taken place and the police are encouraged by the results.

"We've come to an understanding with the organisers of illegal street races," says Lech Ryszewski, who is head of the Lodz Motoring Club.

"We have created a Street Legal section to organise races on closed-off public roads and the participants are obliged to make sure no-one organises races on other city streets."

gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now thats proactive thinking. I wonder if they charge anything for it or is it just a freebie free for all?

Anything that will keep people from doing this away from the general public would be a great thing. Not that I think it will ever be a goer here, too many do gooders who cant see past their boring lives.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Got to hand it to the Poles, what a great idea.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

What is it teaching them though, I don't really agree with the idea, it's like "well if you can't beat em, join em".
It will not stop them from doing it in street's that are of limit's and probably killing someone, and what about the resident's of this area or nearby, I'm sure I wouldn't like this sort of thing to happen near my home.
What next are we going to let criminal's have designated areas that they can patrol when ever they want, I'm affraid this is not the answer.
Strict and harsh penalties and sticking to them is the only answer that I can see may put a dent into this sort of behaviour.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
gozza

I see your point Galaxy - I guess it would be good to see outcomes after a period of time -

I hardly see racing in a designated area comparable to criminal acts - Without knowing minor details - i can't see the areas being close to residential - and if they were one would think the movement would have to be supported.

Also - strict and harsher penalties are not the answer as here in Australia it doesn't seem to be working - Only making driving enthusiasts more angry towards the policing of it - Anything left to the digressions of individuals will not have uniform guidelines
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive been saying they should close off industrial areas for ages!
there are some in sydney (specifically silverwater) which would be perfect for this.

just put concrete barriers so businesses dont get hurt and the only damage will be to the racers car. everyone wins
Old 27-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Yes I think it would be a good idea
Old 28-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #8
SiKoRa_eL_97

Proud to be polish

better confiscate his computer.
SiKoRa_eL_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
CRN
Starter Motor

sounds great, gotta hand it to the Polish people, I dont think it will ever come here though
CRN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post