Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #61
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Very sorry to hear all this news. They are amazing animals and just love walking out the back and seeing our kelpie. Shes about 13 and still as active but just showing the signs of slowing down ......... hanging on to her tennis ball and not giving it up. I hope she will be around for a while longer.

Nick, the new arrival looks extremely cute, big paws, big doggy!!! I want one of the others!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
awwww he looks cute, hyper relaxed and a bit slow! Lets call him nugget!
Love it!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #62
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

iam sorry sorry to hear about your beautifull dog mate , having two staffys i would hate to dread the day that i will have to do such a thing i feel you you mate. last week our our cat tabby died last week due to a dog attack and she was such a loved cat and she brought us such good memorys,
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #63
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Nick he is beautiful!! Has he got a name yet? Bet the kids are wrapped to have a puppy! Just hide your shoes....for the next 6 months or so
Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #64
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Condolences mate, it's a pretty rough time. We lost one dog about, wow, 13-14 years ago now when he was run over, I was about 11 at the time I think. We got another dog the next week, it was the same sort (border collie) that was the "pound special".

Basically the local pound put an add in the paper for a standout dog that was to be put down that week if no-one claimed it or bought it. Went and checked him out and he was the most amazing dog, such a good nature.

We still have him today, he's about 14 or 15 now. Starting to get slow, especially on cold morning and starting to lose sight in one eye, but otherwise very healthy for a dog of his age. He still runs around and never gives up fetching, still fights for the toys and sneaks inside (he's a smart bugger!). He's even beaten cancer, got the all clear last year. I am dreading when he has to go.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #65
full house

bad news! condolences to you friend! I haven't experience to lose a dog. I have 2 dogs there names are collet and uno! collet is the mother and uno is her son! the are about 5 and 2 years old now!

: : :
full house is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #66
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Well the house felt empty without Jack.
The children and my other dog looked like they would approve of another, so looking through the trading post we found one that looked in need of a home, here he is:

I wanted to take them all, but unfortunately one will have to do.
A new puppy...time to chicken wire the garden, get a load of topsoil to fill up the holes in the lawn and put the hose out of reach!!

Great times though... our lab x kelpie is nearly 2 but still acting like a 4 month old, always part of the family. I spend more time in the doghouse than he does!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #67
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Sorry to hear about your loss Colville.

We have a 10yo Staffy and a 10yo Rottie and a 18yo cat and i am dreading the day that something happens to them.
Old 25-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #68
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Terrible news mate, really sorry to see that. Ive got 2 golden retrievers so i know the feeling of having a puppy in the family for so long and knowing your going to lose her(my oldest is 12 years atm and im not lookin forward for 2010+)

Good luck with the kids, i hope they arnt too upset
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #69
WASP
Whipple Induced

Guys I wish to thank you for your kind thoughts and well wishes. This thread was actually created almost 2 yrs ago after the loss of our Lab (Cindy) and Mog (Meggie) within days of each other. Reading the thread has reminded me how much I miss them both but I sincerely appreciate the well wishes none the less.

Cameron, all you can do is live life with them to the fullest. That's all any of us can do at the end of the day. By the sounds of it you have quite a wonderful family there!

Nick, looks like you have your hands full! Top stuff and a big contrats on becoming Animal Dad all over again

Colville