Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
brad`
The Monty

Default Electronic Crash Module

Ok i was installing the wiring for my Sub and amp and when i pulled out the center console i found that there was a silver box thingo basuically under neath the radio/stereo.. lable Electronic Crash Modual (nor sure if that Module part is right). Can anyone tell me what it is or what it does ? im thinkibng something to do with the Airbag maybe...

thanks brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
ayeyew
Teh Baest

i think that's just the airbag computer thingy

Crash sensor doolie

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I stand to be corrected here but I believe there are 2 crash sensors, the one you found under the dash and one just behind the front bumper. In a crash both have to be activated together for the airbag/s to deploy. So in a lesser or low speed frontal hit the bumper one might be activated but because the bumper and/or radiator support give and soak up the impact the dash one doesn't get a hard enough jolt to set off the bags.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
brad`
The Monty

sorry its called, Electronic Crash Sensor (not module). i was thinking it had something to do with the airbag.. what bushbasher said makes sence.. since the one i found has a giant "A" on it, so im ashuming there must have been more then one,

thanks
Brad`

Old 23-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Bushbasher has pretty well got it right, they are part of a system that deploys the airbags and activates the seatbelt pretensioners in a crash. Whatever you do, dont mess with it!
Old 23-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
brad`
The Monty

haha soon as i read E.C.S i tried not to even touch them, last thing i want is to replace airbags in my car.