Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Tracer
Starter Motor

Default V-Power?

Posted this in fast fours but 2 weeks and still no reply.

Does anyone know what the go is with V-Power in the hunter? It's been 6 weeks now and I can't get it. Every shell around newcastle and between here and scone all have "pump not in use" "not in service" etc tags stuck on their V-Power pumps.

Apparently there's been no problem getting it in brisbane so what hasn't it been available in the hunter for the past 6 weeks?

Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Jess85

im sth coast nsw (nowra) and we have had no v-power for ages either...starting to p*ss me off! we went to newcastle 3 weeks ago and noticed they didnt have it all the way up the coast, so it must be a supply prob?
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I understand there is a supply problem across Australia.

I switched to BP Ultimate about 18 months ago and couldn't be happier. Give it a go
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I understand there is a supply problem across Australia.

I switched to BP Ultimate about 18 months ago and couldn't be happier. Give it a go
i switched to BP Ultimate as well and the car goes like a beaut....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
GSR
Focus LT

Plenty of V-Power at my local servo in Sydney last time I filled up.
GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Up until last Friday there wasn't any BP Ultimate nor Shell V-Power in the servo's around the lower Blue Mountains/Penrith area. I've noticed that some bowsers are turned off early in the week to co-incide with the weekly low price cycle.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
Tracer
Starter Motor

If there's a shortage or something you'd think there would be something about it on their website or the news :s

I swapped between v-power and ultimate to see which was better over the last year and didn't see any difference between the two so I see no point paying the extra for ultimate.

Personally i'd prefer to use Vortex98 as there have been a few tests done with the 98 fuels where it gave the best milage and in the testing i've done it's given me the best as well.

Only trouble is most the caltex around here don't take the woolies dockets and the ones that do or the woolies servos most of then only have 95 not 98 :( so was slightly better off with v-power with the discount though with the $1.60 prices we're getting a 4c discount is pretty much worthless now days.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=47769
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
bearass
FG XR8

We were sent a letter at work from Fleet Partners advising of the shortage and that there was no definate answer on when they would have supplies.
In the letter it only stated supplies for NSW only.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
i switched to BP Ultimate as well and the car goes like a beaut....
+ 1....use to go to shell all the time, switched to BP ultimate bout 8months back. car goes great.. havnt noticed the lack of v-power.
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
Tracer
Starter Motor

Thought something like that would of been worthy of the news or something on their own website.

Maybe i'll start looking at drive more often :P
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #12
Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearass
In the letter it only stated supplies for NSW only.
and Qld .....

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...33-952,00.html
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Since coming back from Melbourne my car hasn't had a decent full run tank of 'same' fuel. All Shell's are out of V-Power (even though they still happily display the V-Power logo out front), and then I switched to BP Ultimate for one refill. Next week, no more BP.

Now on Mobil, whatever they call their 98 Octane stuff...

Some stations are charging 98 Octane at about 15 cents over regular unleaded. My brother got pinged with that earlier in the week. I was lucky I guess paying 11 cents over normal.

Dan
Old 31-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #14
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Some Euroford club members were out on the Cruise to Bathurst and to my amazement there was BP Ultimate available at Bathurst so I filled (well actually Zetec filled it for me) the tank. I am still seeing "pump not in use" signs at my local servos though. How are the supplies in the Suburbs??

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #15
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Supplies in the suburbs? Nothing... I think Caltex are the only carriers of 98 octane in the Parramatta/Blacktown region.

Dan
Old 31-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #16
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer
If there's a shortage or something you'd think there would be something about it on their website or the news :s

I swapped between v-power and ultimate to see which was better over the last year and didn't see any difference between the two so I see no point paying the extra for ultimate.

Personally i'd prefer to use Vortex98 as there have been a few tests done with the 98 fuels where it gave the best milage and in the testing i've done it's given me the best as well.

Only trouble is most the caltex around here don't take the woolies dockets and the ones that do or the woolies servos most of then only have 95 not 98 :( so was slightly better off with v-power with the discount though with the $1.60 prices we're getting a 4c discount is pretty much worthless now days.

Not sure where your from in the Hunter, have you tried the whoolies petrol @ Glendale. I'm sure i've seen premium pumps there, not sure if it's the 98 though.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
used

the big boss said
"refinery problem in NSW"
used is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #18
t_holt69

well, being in vic, we dont have any issues in supply, but working in a servo, BP ;) we've been told the "supply" problem is that mobil, where all of caltex, shell, ampol, etc get their fuel had a few million litres of contaminated fuel, BP supply issues though i have no idea, hope this sheds some light on your problem...
t_holt69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #19
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

V-Power is now available here in Sydney.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post