Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #31
Selwonk

just give mary a sly bit of your piece and that will be all the reward she needs!!!
92 eb 2 i6 extractors 3''inch exhaust hi flo cat,xh tickford snorkel,t5 heavy duty clutch, 3.45 lsd ,dobinson s/lows, 16''roh milanos,DBA slotted rotors,in dash dvd flip out 7'',roof mount,front splits,12 carbon dvc sub,800w monoblock,h/d cabling and gold accessories,el ghia leather seats,au centre console,el door trims,custom number plates.
Selwonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #32
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Shout her a feed, or a few nice bottles of something. Don't go giving her cash or anything.
She'll be stoked to receive anything at all I'd reckon.

Cheers

Daz
Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #33
Ringo
I see you....

A mix of responses from

Keep it all...
Give Mary half...
Spend it on your car...
Take Mary out for dinner...
Put in all on black...
Buy her a present...
Give her something, like $200 ....

Also I am not in recruitment and any monies provided to Mary would be from me personally, not from my employer.

I already do have a leaning one particular way with this dilemma...but I'm not telling yet. I want more repsonses....

Also thanks for reminding me about telling Mrs Ringo before I potentially provide any moolah to another woman...
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #34
guy351
Mr EFicient

i would personally just buy her some wine or invite her over for dinner, but i dnt realy think that she is intitled to any money.
guy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #35
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
A mix of responses from

Keep it all...
Give Mary half...
Spend it on your car...
Take Mary out for dinner...
Put in all on black...
Buy her a present...
Give her something, like $200 ....

Also I am not in recruitment and any monies provided to Mary would be from me personally, not from my employer.

I already do have a leaning one particular way with this dilemma...but I'm not telling yet. I want more repsonses....

Also thanks for reminding me about telling Mrs Ringo before I potentially provide any moolah to another woman...
Ok lets get down to specifics..... How good looking is Mary and is she married? :
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #36
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do as Charliewool said and take her and hubby out to dinner.

After all it is you that has stuck your neck out and recommended him to your employer,not her
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #37
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
I resigned from a company last year and moved to a better job with their opposition. I kept in e-mail contact with a few people at my old employer and one person inparticular, a nice woman we will call 'Mary'

I asked Mary if she would be interested in knowing about any jobs going over at my new company. She said no…..BUT said that another ex employee she kept in contact with who we will call 'John' , probably would.

I remember John from a few years ago and worked in the same area a him for a few weeks. He had since moved to other roles in the industry and now has swag of applicable experience and skills.

John contacted me, we had a catch up and I said if something was on offer that I'd let him know. A week later a job came up and I was ASKED if I knew anyone who may be interested, I said I did and forwarded John's contact details. Boss like him and what he has to offer and now he starts in a week or so.

Now here is the dilemma - Because the company has hired him I get a 'spotters bonus' for putting his name forward for the role. Its worth a bit over over $1,200

John will find out about this spotter fee, It’s a well known company benfift/bonus thingy

So FF do I keep the spotters fee because I was the one who vouched for him and his experience and really had the final say in if I put him forward or not or do I share the spotters fee with Mary?

If I do share it how much should I offer? 50% 25% 1/3rd ?

Keep it...You are the one who saved your employer $000's by not having to use a recruitment firm and you will feel a dill in your employers eyes if it doesn't work out , not Mary. I'd say John owes you a fee as well for getting him a job, but with John I'd settle for a beer
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #38
Selwonk

just invite her around for a 3 way daisy chain with you and your missus,that way everyone will be happy!!
92 eb 2 i6 extractors 3''inch exhaust hi flo cat,xh tickford snorkel,t5 heavy duty clutch, 3.45 lsd ,dobinson s/lows, 16''roh milanos,DBA slotted rotors,in dash dvd flip out 7'',roof mount,front splits,12 carbon dvc sub,800w monoblock,h/d cabling and gold accessories,el ghia leather seats,au centre console,el door trims,custom number plates.
Selwonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #39
fmc351
let it burn

Buy her some anti wrinkle cream, tell her you saw it and thought of her. How can you go wrong!!
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #40
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I recall an episode of Friends and Sienfield that did this thing where you
"give a donation in Mary's name to a worthy charity", and give her a card telling her what you did.
Its actually not a bad idea,
You feel better about it,
A charity gets a reasonable donation,
And Mary will smile and say gee thanks, and then later shoot darts at your photo. :
Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #41
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Another +1 for Charliewool's idea.
You never know when a good turn can be repaid!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #42
stang65
FPRJET

village gold class for her and a friend.
You don`t owe her anything as there was never any promise of financial reward, however she did help out.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #43
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im amazed at some responces here, this nice lady has out of the goodness of her heart helped you and the company and her workmate find a good job, no need to ask here,give her a call and ask her what she would prefer? a night out or a little bit of cash to help with the rising costs of living, or maybe a voucher at her local servo as we are all being hit hard lately with petrol costs,either way she will appreciate the good turn being reciprocated.
cheers Nick
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 12:35 AM   #44
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
What you do will say a LOT about your personality and ethics (as has many of the replies).
The mere fact you have asked what to do shows you have at least some moral fibre.

Do what you feel is the right thing.
i second flappist . do what you think is right.
i personally would go with the the pre paid dinner.it is a great idea. cheers.
Old 26-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #45
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

if i was in your spot i would be giving "mary" something, as you know her best you are in the best position to decide what she needs most. ie; if she is strugling for cash then you could give her some vouchers from shops that she would use (coles card etc) or if she dosnt need the cash to get by then she would probably love a nice prepaid dinner and a bunch of flowers or something along those line.i would try and not give straight cash myself.

"mary" may not have been directly involved in the interaction between your company and "john" but if she had not mentioned him to you and you to him then you wouldn`t have the $1200 now.
and if you make "mary" feel appreciated this time then next time your looking for help you can be pretty sure that "mary" will be first to put her hand up.

i would not send anything to her at work though because your old boss might take a dim view of you poching his workers.

or you could send your old boss a thank you card too and see if he has any more good employees you can have.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #46
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I say throw the money on the bar and invite all. $1200 ain't exactly a huge sum nowadays but will pay for a memorable evening out. The last joint that got a finders fee for me got $25K! Scabs didn't give me any even though I knocked on their door. Not that I expected anything.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #47
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldnt give her anything, but if you wanted to, yeah dinner or $200 would be fine, I'm sure she'd appreciate it.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post