Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
BENXR6T

Default a few questions

im new to the au section guys, and i own a series 3 AU forte inline 6

im still deciding whether i should do up the AU ( which will be a hell of a lot cheaper ) or wait to get something better

can anyone reccomend some of the more simple mods you guys have done, and what sort of power figures you guys are pushing out? i'd love to acheive 200rwkw in a NA6. i previously had a BF NA6, which i had in the 175rwkw mark

exhaust sizes? what seems to be the most common. 2.5? headers?

would love to make a start on it, as its stock as a rock. but i dont know.

thanks

ben

20" incubus rims
6 speed manual
BLUEPOWER CAI
twin 2.5" catback

more to come
BENXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Youre on the right track with the exhaust, it'd be the first thing I would do if I was back in a 6. Good set of extractors, hiflow cat and 2.5" exhaust - not too dissimilar to what a good turbo setup would be, just not as big.

After that to achieve 200rwkw you would need to look at a cam etc and from there very good tuning would get you close. Stall and diff gears etc will all help also.
Old 24-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

200rwkw from an AU six?

dont bother. i'd even say near impossible.

if you want to go fast, get a xr6t or something. the AU will make a good cruiser though.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
200rwkw from an AU six?

if you want to go fast, get a xr6t or something. the AU will make a good cruiser though.
not impossible but it would be a lot of work.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
not impossible but it would be a lot of work.
take stav for example, he's done a fair bit to his motor and we will never know an exact number but by my estimates it would be pushing around 160rwkw i suppose.

even 200rwkw from a BA NA6 is pretty freakin hard. im yet to see it i think.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:08 AM   #6
BENXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
200rwkw from an AU six?

im not saying i will get that, but if i wanted it to, it could easily be achieved with the right money spent in the right areas

my last car was a XR6T. iv'e been fast. im not overly bothered about pulling 12's, i just want something thats got a bit of poke and looks tidy

20" incubus rims
6 speed manual
BLUEPOWER CAI
twin 2.5" catback

more to come
BENXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
take stav for example, he's done a fair bit to his motor and we will never know an exact number but by my estimates it would be pushing around 160rwkw i suppose.

even 200rwkw from a BA NA6 is pretty freakin hard. im yet to see it i think.
Not trying to take anything away from Stav, but all he has done in the way of engine mods AFAIK is a home port job and added a mild cam. Yet the quickest time listed on the dyno and times thread is still held by a car with stock head and cam.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

If you want upwards of 200rwkw in an AU 6 ... all you really need to do is add boost.
It is the cheapest way of doing it really ... less headaches too.

Just make sure the driveline is up to the task (especially if it is auto too).

It'd be great to make 200rwkw from an N/A 6 ... but it'd cost you a packet as well.
You might be able to if you bore and stroke the I6 (there is a kit available ... an another one that is still in R&D).

I am looking at a newer model myself at the moment ... and it will definitely be a lot better in stock for than my modified LPG model easily ... I won't really need to try and chase every little kw just to make it go that tiny bit better.

The AU is a nice cruising vehicle in I6 form .... but if you are chasing power in the AU ... i'd either go V8 (modified of course) or boost the I6. I just don't see the N/A route financially feasible anymore if looking for big power.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #9
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

^^agreed
Old 26-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #10
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
You might be able to if you bore and stroke the I6 (there is a kit available ... an another one that is still in R&D).
i knew about the one in development but not about the existing kit. tell me more :

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Oh ... isn't there a company that already makes a kit ... was it Atomic or something along those lines?????
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post