Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #1
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 3 phone network feedback

A friend of mine is looking at joining the Three phone network, anyone here use them? as I'm after some feedback on reception etc.

Thanks
Chris
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
paul7v7
bring it on

i use them....reception is in my area prety bad. at work i cant get any and others on optus and telstra can. i wouldn't recommend it. only thing i like is the $1 monthly bills (me and a few friends joined on the 2 for 1 deal so when we call each other it is free for 10 mins).
Old 11-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
perkz
'Save money? pfft'

I joined back in July last year, and haven't had any problems. Three roams to the vodafone (soon to be telstra) network when it doesn't have 3g coverage, so at worst your reception is no worse than vodafones. As of July this year, Three are apparantly going to roam on the Telstra network - so that's even better for us

3G reception (the one that lets you make video calls and stuff) is pretty good, in my experience, when you're in the coverage area. I seem to be able to make 100% clear calls even when my phone tells me a have very little reception.
Where I live is about 15-20km away from the edge of the '3' video zone. I still get 3G reception in my house (barely).

It's not perfect, there's still bugs in the network (things like phones not switching to Roaming or back to 3G sometimes) and the help-desk is in India and they know 3/10's of **** all.

I'd only recommend it to people who are into technology. Sometimes strange things happen, and you can either argue with someone in India or figure out what happened yourself.
perkz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for your posts, I'll pass on the feedback.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #5
MRJUCY
Fordless

I've been with 3 for about a year now reception is fine in Sydney but very buggy often can't make or receive calls even with full reception, customer service is the worse I've delt with with any company, bills are usually wrong, my contract has has been changed several times without me having any say in it.Global roaming doesn't work even tho they say it does.
I can't wait to leave them & go back to Vodafone
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #6
WIKIDSTIX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if ya get prepaid, you can only recharge at three phone shops, apparently
WIKIDSTIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

If 3 get another customer will they have to change their stationary to read 4?? :hihi:
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post