Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: How well do you get along with your mother-in-law?
Very good, she even cooks for me! 20 66.67%
A bit average, its just quick Hi's and By's 8 26.67%
Not good, I would love to see that bus hit her 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How well do you get along with your mother-in-law?

Just curious to know how people get along with thier mother-in-law, I find it funny how there is a typical stereotype that most guys would just love to see her get hit by a bus lol, but I also see many that get along really well as with me. My very soon to be mother-in-law appreciates the fact I have made her daughter very happy and also likes the fact I help her alot with the house etc etc since she unfortunately is a single parent. She buy's me small presents and always cooks up a storm when I come up. So let us know how you are, it will be interesting to find out!

Old 24-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i voted very good, but in reality it would be between very good and average. Never had a gripe or arguement with her, or even a verbal difference of opinion!

cant complain, really.. they do eat pretty bland food but!
Old 24-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine's a fox
Old 24-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i get a long fine+i get food n clothes
Old 24-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
feebs
BrwnBstd

I cc my mother-in-law in on dirty and funny emails.. so I would say fairly well.
Old 24-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I get on better with my MIL much better than with my own crazy mother.
Old 24-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

She's not officially the 'mother in law' but.. not that well :

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
Old 24-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
Paxton
Cobblers!

My Mother Out-Law lives ~2 hours north of me. I only see her (and the other Out-Laws) when I have the time and energy to stay up there, because her whole family are big drinkers.

When I do see her, she cooks, but her philosophy about cooking is "anything that moves can be mornay-ed". My Mrs and my mother get on like a house on fire.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 24-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #9
Scone
Tool

We get on really well. I live in Tassie and she lives in Queensland.
Old 24-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine soon to be in-laws are great.....bbq and beers nearly every weekend!!! They only live 20min away. Its my mother thats the causes all the problems
Old 24-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
boss-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue
MIL
I nearly misread that
Old 24-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #12
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

she's not technically my mother in law YET (been engaged 7 years) but we used to have a shocking relationship, swearing at each others faces, calling each other everything under the sun. Now she's moved out for a few years, we're quite pleasant to each other.
Old 24-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm not quite hit by a bus but not well, nothing I do is good enough, the fact that I earn twise as much has my FIL (Whos a top bloke) eates her up, she doesnt cook, she heats, she doesnt drink and any one that has more than a toast at christmas has a drinking problem,

in general they are good people they doat after my kids and stuff like that we just disagree on a lot of things like, food, money, alcohol, politics, cars, hell even climate change. it has at times casued issues between my wife and I, but when it does (Like this week) I sugest she take the kids to there place (4 hrs away) as I have late nights at work this week. she'll come back on Saturday with the dirts with her mum and all will be good again until she thinks I'm beign unreasonable again (About easter)

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 24-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
I nearly misread that

I did as well

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 24-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #15
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Closed Thread