Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Default New to drags looking for a mentor

OK, as per the title, I'm looking for someone to be my mentor for my first time on the strip and in VIC, preferbally with someone like a car the same as mine a BA XR8 auto, have never done this before but do have the skid lid form my harley days
Let me if you are interested in assisting a new boy to the strip

Graham

SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
cole trickle

I'll be heading out to Heathcote early feb, your welcome to tag along, very easy to get started,
I have a auto BA XR6T

Cheers Dalesy
cole trickle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS
OK, as per the title, I'm looking for someone to be my mentor for my first time on the strip and in VIC, preferbally with someone like a car the same as mine a BA XR8 auto, have never done this before but do have the skid lid form my harley days
Let me if you are interested in assisting a new boy to the strip

Graham
Speak to Craig@ACE seeing he's done some work on your car, very experianced at the strip, between Craig and Chris from BPR you have the best in the business with the BA boss powered cars without a doubt. There always giving there customers a hand if needed.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole trickle
I'll be heading out to Heathcote early feb, your welcome to tag along, very easy to get started,
I have a auto BA XR6T

Cheers Dalesy
Cool, what date do you plan on going, hope it does not clash with the Clipsall500 in Adelaide, planing to go.
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Speak to Craig@ACE seeing he's done some work on your car, very experianced at the strip, between Craig and Chris from BPR you have the best in the business with the BA boss powered cars without a doubt. There always giving there customers a hand if needed.
Yep a great idear, will give them a call, although sometime you don't feel like asking something of these guys when they have already done so much for you and you know they are really busy.

Old 13-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
cole trickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS
Cool, what date do you plan on going, hope it does not clash with the Clipsall500 in Adelaide, planing to go.

Not sure as yet, gotta get my stronger CV's installed, the tune checked over,

Whens the clipsall 500 on?

Cheers Dalesy
Old 14-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #7
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

good on ya mate,
I'm planning on heading down to Vic as early as possible for a holiday and will be sure to include a trip to Heathcote. Got a BA XR8 auto as well, will hit ya up when I confirm dates.! :
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Chris from Blupower is the man to be a mentor check him out on the latest Street Fords DVD

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:

Cheers Dalesy

Clipsall 500 is 21st to 24th Feb

Old 15-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Tank
good on ya mate,
I'm planning on heading down to Vic as early as possible for a holiday and will be sure to include a trip to Heathcote. Got a BA XR8 auto as well, will hit ya up when I confirm dates.! :
Cool, hope the dates work out for us

Old 16-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #11
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:

Cheers Dalesy

i know your brother Cole trickle his name is DDDDDick

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #12
cole trickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
i know your brother Cole trickle his name is DDDDDick
I'll tell him you said g'day,

EASYBOSS i'll be heading to heathcote either the 3rd or the 17th feb ,

Let me know which day suits you best

Cheers Dalesy
Old 22-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #13