Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Default Globes, need a little help.

Went to the footy tonight to see Richmond get smashed.

Anyway after returning to the train station dejected to pick up the trusty ED GLi, I noticed I couldn't see the road a little more than usual.

At the traffic lights, got out and had a look and the driver's side headlight was just on the parker globe.

Now that my driver's side headlight is out, my car is unroadworthy, so I need to get it replaced by night-time tomorrow.

My question is this: Is it just the two E-series cars I've had or do all stock standard headlight globes suck? I mean, I can hardly see the road when both headlights work.

My second question is: If the headlight globes do suck, what can I get to make them brighter?

Cheers.

S.

SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Replace the globes with heavy duty ones maybe? If they are the same globes that came with the car over a decade.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Get Narva +50s. They are a little (!) more expensive than standard replacements (around $30 a pair compared to $15), but are well worth it.

And yes, all E series lights suck, except the XRs. The lights in the AU, both XR and standard, are the best lights I've had on any car, though the twinlight XR style lights I had on the EB Fairmont Ghia were a close second to the AUs.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Am I the only one who read the thread title & mistakenly pictured Bathurst Globes?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Am I the only one who read the thread title & mistakenly pictured Bathurst Globes?
I thought someone was looking for Bathurst globes to go on an E-series...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

i use those xeon globes the ones they use in bmw's
they are nice n bright and white.....side question....are your len's nice n clean or have they gone that crappy ford yellow

brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #7
sven

just wondering the legallity of changing to say a xeon globe... i thought you couldnt use them if the car didnt initially come with them.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Well I went and got the Xeon globes and fitted them.

Nice bright globe at 150 watts.

I think I may have the yellow tint around the lenses, so I will have to polish them up using the ideas from the thread that I read the other night.

As for the legalities of the globes? I don't know, but I'm endeaovuring to find out.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 07:18 AM   #9
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
nah not the only one mate ;)

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKC
Well I went and got the Xeon globes and fitted them.

Nice bright globe at 150 watts.

I think I may have the yellow tint around the lenses, so I will have to polish them up using the ideas from the thread that I read the other night.

As for the legalities of the globes? I don't know, but I'm endeaovuring to find out.
Hmmm 150 not Illegal in Vic ?
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post