Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
tennisfan
Starter Motor

Default t5 manual conversion

Just wondering if anyone in brisbane area would be interested in converting their auto falcon to a manual. I have a manual conversion kit that i was going to put into a friend's car but things have changed and now i am left with a t5 conversion i don't know what to do with. i am willing to do the conversion just to recoup cost of parts and when you consider the labour involved and money from sale of your auto this could be quite cheap. I currently drive an au xr6 which i have done the conversion to for the last 12 months with no problems. Cost would depend on your model of falcon.

tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
seven7

would this fit into a ef xr8??
if so how much
seven7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
tennisfan
Starter Motor

unfortunately I should have mentioned that this box is out of a eb six cylinder so flywheel, clutch spline will be different to v8.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Just to make it clear for everyone this will only fit in EA-EL 6's, that should save you some confusion.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
tennisfan
Starter Motor

I have not done a v8 manual swap only six's but i just read on another post that banarcus used a six cylinder box for his ed v8 so splines could be same. I will phone wreckers tomorrow to find out for sure.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
frd_crzer
:D:D

how much you want to sell the whole conversion kit for??
Old 02-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
tennisfan
Starter Motor

500 it needs new pressure plate
Old 02-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #8
tennisfan
Starter Motor

bursons automotive will sell pressure plate sepeartely for an au for around 100 dollars, could be cheaper depending on your model.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
frd_crzer
:D:D

pm sent
Old 03-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #10
efgiar
rofl copter

use v8 flywheel, 6cyl clutch, 6cyl box, u need a modified bellhousing to make it fit a v8. alot easier and cheaper to do it this way for an 8 rather then find a proper v8 conversion.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post