Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Know any singers? Band track inside (opinions welcome).

Hey guys, starting up a new band with and old band member and fellow mate but stuck on a singer. We found a drummer in a last band through one of our dads friends (his son) so thought it might be worth a shot.

If not, feel free to give the track a listen anyway and say what you think. It was written so interested vocalists could put an interesting melody over the top, so it's not that exciting. Third time running through it from the top and recorded with a 58 in the middle of the garage.

www.myspace.com/twomeatsandaveg

just made it, and no, that's not the band name (don't have one!) ha.

Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Don't know of any singers mate, but could i make a suggestion for a band name?

Top Dead Center?
Old 15-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I belt out a mean tune....only dogs can hear it though!!!

Best of luck!
Old 15-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
rodderz

Not bad sound for just an SM58 recording the lot?

Try this http://www.ausband.com.au/modules.ph...file=index&c=3

Put up a vocalist wanted thread and see if you get any responses
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Not bad sound for just an SM58 recording the lot?

Try this http://www.ausband.com.au/modules.ph...file=index&c=3

Put up a vocalist wanted thread and see if you get any responses
Cheers rodderz. Yep, just an SM58 copy (cheapo behringer one we nicked from school last year, lol) on a mic stand on the middle of the garage (brick walled, concrete floor). One live take straight into a mac book with a 1/4" - mic input adaptor plug. I was kinda surprised with it.

Thanks for the link. I used to be on melband, but now can't get onto it for some reason. Just always loads a blank page. Firefox does the same thing with FF now as well? Ah well. I think nels (guitarist) made an ad on there though so we'll see what happens!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Old 25-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We put up another track if anyone's interested, bit heavier. Rough as guts but you get the jist. It's also pretty quiet, so you need to turn the speakers up.

Same way of recording last time, drummer didn't have proper cymbals this time though, lol.

Same link;

www.myspace.com/twomeatsandaveg

Serial Fool - didn't see your post last time. Not a bad name, but none of the other guys are into cars, so it probably wouldn't make sense!