Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
sly
Sly like a G6

Default High Rollin' Rockers???

Does anyone know if you can fit higher-ratio rockers to the AU I6? IIRC the rockers since 1/98 EL are 1.8:1, where they had been 2:1 before. AFAIK the mounting points are different so you can't bolt an EF rocker assy to an AU head. As most aftermarket AU cams use EA-EF profiles on an AU blank they are short 10% lift compared to the E-series.

Does anyone make a higher-ratio rocker or are there valve-to-piston clearance issues?

The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your valve springs may not like all that extra lift and depending on the installed height and the spring rate you may even get coil bind before you get full lift and break things.
I'm sure someone else who has access to the specs may be able to check this aspect for you.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 02:48 AM   #3
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

im under the belief that yes u can bolt up e-series rocker gear to an au head, therfor being able to use an e-series cam.

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Yep you sure can Bolt up E-series rocker gear and cam to a AU head.

If your going a bigger cam then do the valve springs as well.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
sly
Sly like a G6

Interesting... I thought the shaft layout was different in the AU to E series, so a different bolt pattern. I don't necessarily want to change cams, I'm just thinking about more lift from my stock cam, a useful mod with boost. Yes valve springs will need upgrading with that combo.

Anyone know where to get the adaptor to pump compressed air into the cylinder through the spark plug hole?
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im pretty sure you can buy em at repco....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post