Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
Mackman

Default Any help appreciated

took my au xr8 in for service and pink slip friday at ford dealer...and they tell me failed coz "excessive free play due to wear-steering shaft coupling" $450 and "excessive free play of wheel greater than 6mm at the rim or 3mm at a component-left outer toe link" $250.

when he told me over the phone he mentioned "tie rods" need replacing or fixing and it wasnt covered under my extended 3yr warranty...i dont know a lot about cars so im not sure wheather i can trust them, i cant really afford it anyways...when i got home this arvo i looked in the parts covered section of my service book and covered are 'tie rod ends'

do tie rod ends and left outer toe links have anything in common?

im not really sure what im actually asking, just very dissapointed coz i only bought the car from them 6mnths ago and have had it in twice to be fixed under the 3mth initial warrenty...fair? im not sure...i have only driven it 4000 k's since i bought it, never ripping it around corners or anything...i really dont think i caused this...i think it may have already been like that when i bought it and they are just stinging me for it now...

what do you think?

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id keep at them for warranty, there usually is a 6 month FULL warranty for any used car, well thats for NSW, depends on the state your in really

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
Mackman

im in nsw and it was clear from the start 3 months full warranty, then the extended 3 yr warranty...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well the tie rod ends are covered as stated so I wouldnt be paying for that, thats for sure. Just make sure you NEVER give them the official copy of your warranty cos it'll sure as hell "get misplaced"

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how many k`s has your car done?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post