Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dropkicks!

Just got home from work early feeling crap only to realise whilst my van hasn't been in use it got broken into and had all my CD's stolen by some wit.

I mean, really, who does that?

And the person/people who stole it must have been complete dumb shits. I mean, A. No-one likes my music (they stole Primus FFS!). B. My van has rare car parts worth 1000's of dollars in it (now moved) which they could have easily taken, plus 4 speakers worth 800 odd sitting loose in the car. and C. I can't even remember what CD's were in there (a fair few though, and hard to replace if I don't know exactly what they took!), but the one that ****es me off the most was they tooking my frickin RHCP plasma shaft CD.. Except they left the cover!! It's collectable for s sake and they took the CD but nothing else, how frickin dumb do they have to be??

And there's nothing I can do except leave a note on my car if they decide to walk back past (a few months ago something was taken from a neighbours car but didn't think much of it as we live in a good area and it was the only thing that's ever happened, might be the same people)!!

Frickin drop kick scum they are. I hope they fall off a cliff or overdose on the drugs they probably stole the CD's for :thebirds:

It's probably only a couple hundred $$'s worth (plasma shaft is about 60 on its own) but it's the principles, the fact that they're obviously dumb shits who got the better of me, AND that I don't know what to replace at the moment.

:

Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
fmc351
let it burn

Ive had the same, once they only took CD's, and the other they took CD's and a mobile phone that kept switching itself off.

OK, someone took the whole car next time, but the buggers left it to be recovered. Youd think theyd have the decency to burn the ba5tard for me.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van D
Just got home from work early feeling crap only to realise whilst my van hasn't been in use it got broken into and had all my CD's stolen by some wit.

I mean, really, who does that?

And the person/people who stole it must have been complete dumb shits. I mean, A. No-one likes my music (they stole Primus FFS!). B. My van has rare car parts worth 1000's of dollars in it (now moved) which they could have easily taken, plus 4 speakers worth 800 odd sitting loose in the car. and C. I can't even remember what CD's were in there (a fair few though, and hard to replace if I don't know exactly what they took!), but the one that ****es me off the most was they tooking my frickin RHCP plasma shaft CD.. Except they left the cover!! It's collectable for s sake and they took the CD but nothing else, how frickin dumb do they have to be??

And there's nothing I can do except leave a note on my car if they decide to walk back past (a few months ago something was taken from a neighbours car but didn't think much of it as we live in a good area and it was the only thing that's ever happened, might be the same people)!!

Frickin drop kick scum they are. I hope they fall off a cliff or overdose on the drugs they probably stole the CD's for :thebirds:

It's probably only a couple hundred $$'s worth (plasma shaft is about 60 on its own) but it's the principles, the fact that they're obviously dumb shits who got the better of me, AND that I don't know what to replace at the moment.

:
maybe they scoped you out as you drove past with your RHCP plasma shaft CD cranking and decided to pinch it when they got the chance.

Look on the bright side though dude, you could have been massively out of pocket if your parts or speakers got knicked.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #4
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

School holiday's isnt it ?

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

sure is...

check out the local Cash Converters for your CD's. If you find a couple, ask the an attendant if others came in with them.

The numbskulls who took them are probably just listening to them though....
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
School holiday's isnt it ?
Didn't even think of that! Bastards. From what I could tell it was fine this morning (walked past it to jump in the wagon). No one was home all day either.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
rodderz

I worked with a guy who got his car broken into, and they stole the FACE of his stereo....what good is that, it won't play music without the rest of it!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #8
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I worked with a guy who got his car broken into, and they stole the FACE of his stereo....what good is that, it won't play music without the rest of it!
Maybe they were such a crap thief that they couldn't get the whole stereo, so they made it their duty to steal the face to make themselves feel better, and just off your mate? :

It makes sense now if it's school holidays and they took CD's.. Mummy and daddy would be a bit suss if they came home with some door trims, chrome pieces or, a 9" diff, lol!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #9
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh and I was just talking to mum about it and apparently last holidays some kids broke into the guy across the courts BMW, wound down the window, took his CD's, then just threw them all over the street without doing anything to the car...

I don't get it..!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Mate of mine had $2,000 worth of tools in his back seat ( grinder, drill and so on, easy to hock stuff) and all they stole was about $14 in loose change and 3 ciggies sitting on the dash. It was parked next to a Police station too.

It's easy to see why some people are criminals, anybody that stupid obviously cant fill in a centerlink form.

The best way to avoid crime is to make sure everyone thinks your mentally unstable and well armed.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #11
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Mate of mine had $2,000 worth of tools in his back seat ( grinder, drill and so on, easy to hock stuff) and all they stole was about $14 in loose change and 3 ciggies sitting on the dash. It was parked next to a Police station too.
Maybe they don't feel as though they're going to hell, as much, if they only steal the small things? ha.

"Dur, I stole sumfink but it ok cos more expensiver stuff was there and I didn't taked it"
Old 03-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
irlewy86
Meep Meep

I've always been an advocate of "the punishment should fit the crime"

For example if somebody broke into my car and stole cd's, I should be able to use my fist to break into thier head and steal thier teeth. I'd grab thier brains but what do I want with peanuts.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #13
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

Look on the bright side at least they didn't take your expensive stuff mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
geeves can you pass the toothpicks please, i have some rice stuck between my teeth.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwley93
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 AM   #14
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

3 people robbed the Credit Union (I think) at Coolamon , near Wagga , recently . One news report said $3,000 ($1,000 each) and another said $6,000 ($2,000 ea)

Now this is NO Joke , Guess how they caught one guy ?

Depositing the money in his OWN Acc in a near-by town , How dumb is that . :

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #15
VIBEBA
huh???

I had a Guy i used to work with steal the cd player out of my old Ea at work then he tried to sell it back to me the very next day needless to say he left work with a broken nose and without my cd player he must of forgotton whos car he pinched it out of what a dumbass :

VIBEBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #16
HOON69
Banned

my bet

young kids who dont know better.

or

drug f'd idiot who was too stoned to know better and just grabbed what he could barely make out.

if things sit for long periods of time they usually become a target,i try to secure things i leave lying around to prevent theft even if it means taking it out back etc.

write this one off as life experiences mate.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #17
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
My sister in law had her car broken into and they stole the face off her stereo. The thing is, it costs about as much to replace the face as it does to get a new stereo. So whilst they aren't getting much for themselves they are hurting you quite a bit. She ended up not bothering getting a new face due to the cost and just took the stereo out.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #18
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Sorry to hear it :(

This is why I always only ever used to carry backup cd's in my car, just in case. They could steal them all they like, all they were worth to me was the cost of a new blank disc while my originals were safely locked away at home (if someone broke into the house I'd be stuffed though!).
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Sorry to hear it :(

This is why I always only ever used to carry backup cd's in my car, just in case. They could steal them all they like, all they were worth to me was the cost of a new blank disc while my originals were safely locked away at home (if someone broke into the house I'd be stuffed though!).
Same, i keep them inside and it dosent matter if they get scratched in the car, just make another one up.

I had a guy smash my drivers side window with a brick and steal about $5 in change and junk out of the console...
We found out who it was though, and he needed to replace a living room window by he next day... apparently someone threw a familiar brick through it :

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #20
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heard of a bloke in the early 80s hit a cow between Cloncurry and Mt Isa he was stuck in the drivers seat late at night .A car pulled up behind him and asked if he was alright and could he move his legs . The bloke was ok but was trapped the person in the other car jacked up the rear of the crashed car and stole the rear wheels than he drove off leaving the bloke still trapped in the car . They never found the thief.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post