Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 19-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #31
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

I think I read a post on the first page of this thread something about doing burnout prior to runnung a quarter is bad for diff, clutch etc etc.. Just like runnung slicks and getting all of the power to the ground is better or something..
Old 19-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #32
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Can I just draw some peoples attention to this thread, http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=109299

First paragraph sums it all of for me.. Burnout just wreck drive lines when doing a quarter..
Old 19-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #33
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
Can I just draw some peoples attention to this thread, http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=109299

First paragraph sums it all of for me.. Burnout just wreck drive lines when doing a quarter..
How does that wreck the drive line??? :

He did a massive burn out (watch the video!) and ran a 1.5 60ft with a 10.9 1/4M. :

He is also running semi-slicks so it has no bearing on your arguement anyway :

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #34
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Okay, you drive for motor mag too!! ha ha!

1stly No arguement starting here.
You missed what I was tring to say, there was someone from a prev thread saying that burnouts are useless at the drag strip and just wreck the driveline of the car.. it isnt good for the diff etc but is much better than running slicks for it.
This guy who has just run a 10 couldnt have done it any other way other than doing a burnout, saying the trach was very slippery. Stock dunlops on the F6 have heaps more grip just after a quick blip. Never mind some old MTs or American Racers/Hoosiers etc which are very sticky with no burnout..
Old 19-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #35
protd
TUFF FORDS

lol at steel belts getting better grip with a burnout, but M/T's, Hoosiers etc sticky without, this thread is gold..
protd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #36
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
lol at steel belts getting better grip with a burnout, but M/T's, Hoosiers etc sticky without, this thread is gold..
Yeah okay,

I have a few rellies that have old school hotties,
one has a Dodge Cherger Super Bee, the other a dodge Charger R/T, other an E55 340 Cherger here in SA. They are all running massive HP compared to anyone (or most I will be careful here) with who kows how much torque compared to a NA BOSS/T6. Both The dodges are 440 stroker motors to just under 500 cubes one with a roller this and yada yada.. They are each now runnung American Racers E65 I believe they are so not huge by any means for street, and yeah, no burnout compared to the steel radials holds them down alot better under par throttle.
After driving one of these for a while, hence my F6 is still stock. It has no chance, and never will without huge dollars spent of catching any of these, especially getting power down with cold 245 18s.

But its really ok, if people want to go to the track with no burnout for a 1/4 Mile launch for their best effort go right ahead. Just enjoy themselves thats all that matters, but careful of the driveline : ..
Old 20-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #37
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
Yeah okay,

I have a few rellies that have old school hotties,
one has a Dodge Cherger Super Bee, the other a dodge Charger R/T, other an E55 340 Cherger here in SA. They are all running massive HP compared to anyone (or most I will be careful here) with who kows how much torque compared to a NA BOSS/T6. Both The dodges are 440 stroker motors to just under 500 cubes one with a roller this and yada yada.. They are each now runnung American Racers E65 I believe they are so not huge by any means for street, and yeah, no burnout compared to the steel radials holds them down alot better under par throttle.
After driving one of these for a while, hence my F6 is still stock. It has no chance, and never will without huge dollars spent of catching any of these, especially getting power down with cold 245 18s.

But its really ok, if people want to go to the track with no burnout for a 1/4 Mile launch for their best effort go right ahead. Just enjoy themselves thats all that matters, but careful of the driveline : ..
sorry to inform you but a M/T tyre will repond 100X better to a burnout than a steel belted tyre..

i really dont care what your rellies have and you will not convince me that a street tyre responds better to a burnout than a M/T or similar type tyre
protd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #38
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

I am just comparing the differences in the two tyres, not saying at all that streets will handle better for grip anywhere in my post, with or without putting some heat into em compared to some grippy tyres. Forget it.