Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 14-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
GIH84S
Starter Motor

Default KH Laser 1.8

Guys i need ur advise. A friend of mine recently purchase a flood damage vechile and its been nothing but nightmares.
We have totally stripped the vechile and we have been trying to start this thing.The Engine turns over and its starts only for a few seconds then dies. We have check the fuel system and thats ok, the relays seem ok aswell. We dried out all the wiring and theres no water in the sump nor anywhere else i can think of.
Could it be the computer? We took this out aswell and it seems fine.
If you have any ideas please let me know. I really want this thing outta my back yard..lol

Last edited by GIH84S; 14-07-2007 at 01:03 PM.
GIH84S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
hitork
Injected

It would most likley be water in ur fuel... Replace fuel filter, drain the tank and drain all of ur lines. It may also help to get the injectors cleaned but that isnt too cheap. There are peterol additives like certan injector cleaners that are suposed to rid your fuel/fuel system of water or condensation, if you were to try that id advise draining and refilling the tank before hand and i do not know how well they work.
hitork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post