Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
Rhubarb

Default Prices drop on new Focus !!!

Base model CL now $19,990, ie reduced by $1000.

Pricing for the rest of the new range (including TDCi) to be released later this week ....

http://www.caradvice.com.au/3599/200...s-july-update/

Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

Roll on TDCi .....................
Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

There's a Thread in 'The Pub' section. What fantastic value though.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
Rhubarb

thanks for that - I don't search through 'The Pub' section.

I just assumed threads specific to the Focus would be in the 'Focus' section.

Interesting read though hey.

I've just got a Zetec in June. I knew the new model was coming out with the curtain airbags and DSC that I wanted but I got a runout deal which was pretty good ($25200 driveaway) so went with that rather than wait. When weighing it up though I assumed the new car would be $27500+dd+onroads + another $800 odd for the safety package. As it turns out it will be approx $1500 less than I estimated.

Probably still $29k driveaway which is still $4k more than what I paid for mine. Factoring in resale etc thats a lot closer than I expected.

Its all academic though as I've bought mine now and I'm happy with it.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Yeah Rhubarb, I only noticed it was in the pub section because the subject was highlighted otherwise I wouldn't have read it either. $25,200 is a good price and btw $29.000 is exactly what my '03 LR LX cost me! so the driveaway price you mention is exceptional. Glad to hear that your happy with your Focus.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Good move, Corolla has gone up to 20,990 so hopefully this will help Ford bring potential buyers in through the doors
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
Nappa
Impressive...

even through corolla is more expensive it still sold almost 5800 units in june, putting it at the top of the pack for sales. Maybe the facelifted focus with the extra safety options will improve things
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhubarb
I've just got a Zetec in June. I knew the new model was coming out with the curtain airbags and DSC that I wanted but I got a runout deal which was pretty good ($25200 driveaway) so went with that rather than wait. When weighing it up though I assumed the new car would be $27500+dd+onroads + another $800 odd for the safety package. As it turns out it will be approx $1500 less than I estimated.

Its all academic though as I've bought mine now and I'm happy with it.
Congrats on the purchase mate. I'm loving my Zetec.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post