Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #31
Lumpen Proletariat

Constantly scouring places like the US Ebay Motor Section and the Classifieds on Corral.net

You can pick up some good stuff second hand. GT40P's are around $500 australian recoed! Decent alloys can be had around the $1000Au mark. Lot's of stuff, new and used, Lot's cheaper than can be had here.

I emailed one of the shipping companies that you see advertise in Just Car's that bring in Yank Tanks and see if they handle parts too. To bring in a set of heads, an EFi intake, a cam, valvetrain etc I was told to expect around the $140-160Au mark! 26 day shipping and they can even freight from their depot to you when they're arrive!

Even buying NEW from Summitracing.com:

Trickflow Twisted Wedge Kit comprising of Intake, Heads (Complete), Cam, Timing Chain, Gaskets etc.
$2200US - $2800au

30 Lb Injectors
$295US - $376AU

Summit 76mm MAF
$219US - $280AU

Thats $3700 Australian there, add another $300 for freight and you have $4000. There are many tuning options available and you would need to use one of them to get the best gains and a smooth runner. Tweecer, CAPA Chip, Chiptorque etc. Final Cost would also depends on how confident you are with a spanner.

Lumpy

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Lumpen Proletariat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #32
Boys_Love_Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
Check this one out:

Forum members car, if it was a 6 I would have already bought it! price has been dropped to 9k with massive stereo or 7k without...its already got a 9 inch and rebuilt auto (saving you somewhere around 6k already, because if you want a good motor your going to need a good box and diff to match) motor is near stock and just waiting for forced induction or a new top end...

Clicky Clicky

And I forgot to say...it looks The Business.
Except the interior looks gay.
Boys_Love_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #33
Rollin
Banned

You could get replacement plastics for like $30 at the wreckers...considering all the good stuff that car has on board canning it because you dont like the painted dash panels is a bit of a cop out.
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #34
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boys_Love_Toys
Except the interior looks gay.
wtf...thats a stupid thing to say...

the car is immaculate...., whats gay about the interior? the colour coded paint on the dash trims..........ever heard of repainting them??

as has been said this car is just waiting for some serious engine work.... the rest of it is done for you.....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #35
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
You could easily find an EB/ED 5L for under that. Would be best to pick up an EB XR8 so you get the diff aswell.
What diff would that be?The 3.27 ss that eb xr8's have stock?
Thats all both mine have had.
Old 30-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #36
Lumpen Proletariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
What diff would that be?The 3.27 ss that eb xr8's have stock?
Thats all both mine have had.
I thought the EB XR8's had a 3.27 LSD as standard? or was that only on the Manuals?

Lumpy

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Lumpen Proletariat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 AM   #37
YLDTRK
Formerly GTP075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boys_Love_Toys
Except the interior looks ***.
not hard to respray mate. dw about it any ways i'm not really concerned on your thoughts and the car is no longer for sale.