Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #31
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_Fairmont
You fail to mention the VR's a lot lighter and has better Accleration times than the EF. Granted, EF's might be good for towing... but any E series is a pig on petrol compared to a Commodore. Vr's could get under 12/100. In reality, E series struggle to get less than 14/100.
i get 10.5 lt per 100km in my eb
Old 27-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #32
TUF.EB
Banned

Anything before VT Commo is craaaaap. They drive alright but vibrate a heap when you accelerate, and there so plasticy, everythings made from pastic. Dash's are stupid, just say if you want to install a headunit, you have to pull half the dash off!

There not that smooth when cruising, where as falcons are so much smoother, and handle a whole heap better. Ive found no matter how old they are, they have far less vibrations and rattles compared to a Commo.

Not being single minded because I own a falcon, I have owned and driven both, and in a lot of other, falcons are just way smoother!

Although I like the fact that holdens have small wheel arches and go really *** low!
TUF.EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #33
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_Fairmont
Vr's could get under 12/100. In reality, E series struggle to get less than 14/100.
I disagree with that, I'm consistently lead footed with my acceleration and my ED's trip comp says I'm getting 13/100.

If I drive conservatively I can get 11.
So definitely not a *struggle* to get less than 14/100 if you keep the vehicle
well maintained.
Old 27-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #34
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ooops I'm looking at spending 1.5-3.2k

Probably get something off ebay
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #35
namecrap

the VR i had was not fuel efficient id say 14/100 around city/suburbs EF was around 14-15...but now my EF wagon on LPG dont worry about $$$ but it is a fair bit slower than the VR...
namecrap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #36
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm I'm looking at EB's ED's EF's and perhaps EL's if I can go that high money wise.

What should I look for so I know I'm not buying a lemon.

Also how many Km's should it have on it?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #37
blur1
el wagon

the ideal car would be a el wagon on gas..especially for towing as they have a leaf spring rear end. save your pennies for a half decent car which ever way you go as 1.5k wont get you much that dosent need work.
blur1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #38
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm how come a wagon?

I need a car badly though, I go out a lot and not having a car is very fustrating.

Also what are the laws on P plates, can you tow with them?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #39
webby_191189
low wagooon

You can tow when your on your P's. I just got an ef wagon with heavy duty suspension n the heavy duty tow kit. Its pulled horse floats most of its life and never had a problem. The wagon leaf set up is great for towing.

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post