Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
petzke

Default need employment

hey my names Chris Petzke and im 18 years old studying an advanced dimploma of justice. I currently only have 2 days a week of school (Thursday,Friday),and i wish to have a job and some sort of income. Therefore the car is not getting the full makeover it deserves.
I am putting this thread up to see if anyone needs a labourer or could put me into any position or help me out. I am a very hard, keen worker and take a lot of pride in my work. Excellent references and can email resume if needed.
i live in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne in Beaumaris. please email me or reply to this thread if anyone can help in any way.
thank you

petzke_00@hotmail.com

petzke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Send me a Resume ..

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
petzke

anyone?
Old 21-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
petzke

i guess not oh well thanks for looking. if anything come up for anyone please let me know.. still looking
Old 21-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #5
XRated
Shoot.

I applaud you for taking some initiative and looking for work; however, you might want to try and put a little more effort into it - starting with grammar and spelling. Every little bit helps.

There are better channels to look for casual work if you haven't already done so. The local newspaper usually has loads of work for labourers, factory workers, and so on. Although I've found the best option is to join different recruiting agencies in your local area. More often than not they have plenty of employment available and will send you to different businesses - whether it's for a day, a week, or a few months at a time. It's also a good way to get your foot in the door and gain a broad range of experience in different industries.

The other option is to work in supermarkets (particularly night-fill) as the money is decent plus you have the benefit of working in a safe and clean environment.

Good luck with your search.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
lukey_boy
Starter Motor

well im oging to say this because this is what i did
get a job in a bar start as a glassy and work your way to a bartender
averaging 20 an hour plus if ur good u will get given more shifts plus a lot of tips
the only issues are letting working take over your studies
again something i did and turned out to be so stressful i had to cut down shifts but yeah if you can work the long hours and stay on top of your assignments ur set
lukey_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #7
petzke

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have been trying in papers and the local supermarkets for a while now. It seems the new way is online applications so I am spending a lot of time on that at the moment. I think its time to expand my seeking methods. Thought i may as well give it a try on here. I really need something to pay for 2 hours a day driving and living expenses.
Thankyou to everyone for ther imput
Chris Petzke
Old 23-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #8
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

st.kila street, the place to be... i mean you can always go to tafe and to a course there, or go to your closes unemployment place, i am going to start doing my securty guard course soon... once i get transport; ie motorbike on the road.

my brother is with "skilled" he apparently getting "800 bucks a week" and sometimes 4 days on, 4 days off... working in laverton at a chem factory or some crap.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #9
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by petzke
It seems the new way is online applications so I am spending a lot of time on that at the moment.
Well Dont!

Try the old ways, the ways that everyone else these days have given up on, or never knew, or cant be bothered with cause it's too hard.
Employers are flooded with emails with attached resumes constantly these days, how is your one going to stand out from the crowd?......"it isn't!"

Get yourself dressed up looking your absolute best, arm yourself with well written, clear, concise and well presented Resume's and hit the streets in your local area targetting businesses you could see yourself working for.

Nobody can see who you really are as a person from an attached Resume in some email, first impressions count for one heck of a lot, if a potential employer can actually see you in the flesh, face to face and can see that you are making a genuine positive approach to attaining satisfactory employment, doors will open.

Good Luck with it all Chris, I wish you all the best.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 03:15 AM   #10
XRated
Shoot.

Rob, unfortunately it's not that easy. I tried doing that recently, and I constantly got the same answer: "Thanks for applying, however all applications are now down online." Of course, not every business is the same, but a majority are steering towards this direction.

Fortunately it's not hard to get an interview after that step... It's competing against the other hundreds of applicants that makes it hard!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #11
EvilChief
Boost Addict

well diploma of justice, u can always look for casual work in a law firm or with the police department, they always look for a hand for their paper wars
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
petzke

really i was unaware of this tha the police department would want any casual workers but i have to go in today to the local station to get some infrmation for an oral i'm doing i will sk whilst im in there. thanks guys heaps