Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
GTP52
Slippery when wet

Thumbs up John Bowe High Performance Driving Course

:
In my previous post I mentioned John Bowe Driving were conducting their High Performance Course in a few weeks in Sydney. I contacted Hammo and he was able to confirm these details. The date of the course is Wednesday 18th April and it will be conducted at Oran Park Raceway. My understanding is it is available to drivers who has completed either their FPV Owners (part of your FPV owner benefits program) course or any form of defensive driving course. You will receive an instructor / participant ratio of no more than 1 to 4. The course is designed to give you instruction in these vital areas – correct lines for high speed cornering, how to make faster and smoother gear changes including heel – toe changes, skid control techniques, high speed car control and sliding at speed, learning not to “overdrive” to reduce lap times, how to make the circuit flow by using correct vision to link corners together and a Personal Appraisal of your performance.

The cost is $385 – including lunch and refreshments (I guarantee it is worth every cent). You need to make your own enquiry as to the availability of places on this date. I understand they run these High Performance Courses in most states. You use your car – it does not have to be a Ford (sorry if an FPV’s pass you, should you be in the other brand). You should contact John Bowe Driving directly on (03) 9886 0522 or email David Cuff at david@johnbowedriving.com Be sure to tell him Mick from the Sinclair Ford FPV Club sent you. Cuffie is a fantastic guy and his partner in crime is Terry Bowe (JB’s brother and man can these guys drive)

I wish you the best of luck and seriously folks if you have been thinking about doing a course there is no one better skilled to guide you through than these guys – they are so professional. Good luck, take care and you will definitely get more out of your car once you have completed the program!

Mick – GTP 052 Bluesman

Old 22-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
pb02
inconceivable!

Did one of these many years ago at Winton with John Bowe. I would highly recommend it to anyone, well worth the money. It's an amazing experience, I was able to shave about 4-5 seconds off my laps at the end of the day.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post